Tubas for Sale (Neptune, 983, F tuba Clone, etc) Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Tubas for Sale (Neptune, 983, F tuba Clone, etc)

Postby Tubainsauga » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:01 pm

So I seem to have become a bit of an accidental tuba collector so I’m offering these three tubas (and two almost tubas) for sale.

Chinese PT 15 Clone - $2500
Honestly a very good rotary F tuba and it plays about as well as all the german made ones I’ve tried, but I’ve never quite been comfortable playing F tuba having grown up with Eflats. Aside from 2 pings in the bell (pictured), it is in excellent condition. Comes with a form fitting hard case.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lmmvue1q6irnbxs/AACOV1SvkEybaqjlSX1dDWFua?dl=0"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank

Besson 983 - $5500
This has been my primary bass tuba for quite a long time. Really, the only reason I am selling is that I’ve switched to a 3+1 as our band is attempting to switch to a more traditional instrumentation (using a band set of instruments) so it’s been collecting dust the past few months. I’ll probably regret selling it but a baby and a rather crowded apartment necessitate it’s sale.

The horn is in functional condition. There is some lacquer wear and a number of small dents but nothing that effects it’s playing. Also, the lead pipe has been removed form the bell and re-positioned slightly, allowing the horn to be more comfortably playing on the leg rather than the chair.

Comes with a leather bag and a flight case.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t1kxiwy16dagswf/AACBwL1KK-X0YibziPdJzPGXa?dl=0"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank

Rotary Neptune - $7000
This horn plays very well, though there is lacquer at most of the points of contact. In addition, the angle of the leadpipe has been changed slightly to accommodate me. There are several dents document in the pictures provided and there are a few mute related dents in the bell. A larger lead pipe is also included along with a second 5th valve slide and hardware for a 1st valve kicker.

The horn includes a rather new altieri bag and an MTS hard case.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o9ru1oiybswatuz/AABh39PkBTQ65SE8Q7YE8vuua?dl=0"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank"%20%20target="_blank

Practice tuba in F - $900
In the key of F and includes a longer slide to play in Eflat. Includes a hard case and a mouthpiece. The valves have been modified to all turn with the airflow of the instrument improving slurring. The instrument has only a few superficial dents and the lining of the case is separating in places.

Contrabass Trumpet in F - $750
A contrabass trumpet in F. Pitched at the same level as an F tuba. Very interesting sound with pretty good intonation. This was a custom job and includes a custom Altieri gig bag. A very fun and extremely unique instrument.
Tubainsauga
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Tubas for Sale (Neptune, 983, F tuba Clone, etc)

Postby SousaWarrior9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Could you post some more information (and pictures) regarding the practice F tuba and F contrabass trumpet?
Thanks
Marching for dear old ILLINI
Martin Mammoth
King 1241
Buescher Giant Sousaphone
York Sousaphone
Church Mini Tuba
Wessex Baritone
Olds Super 20 Bass Bone
Olds Military Trombone
King Altonium
Roth-Reynolds Cornet
SousaWarrior9
bugler
bugler

Postby LowBrassNYC » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 am

If it’s a trumpet in F that’s a perfect fourth below a standard b-flat trumpet it would be a contralto, not a contrabass.
Ryan Fisk
Columbia University, Ed.M. - 2018
Manhattan School of Music, M.M. - 2016
Texas State University, B.M. - 2012
———
Meinl Weston 751, 2250TL, 6460, 6450/2
LowBrassNYC
bugler
bugler

Postby hup_d_dup » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 am

LowBrassNYC wrote:If it’s a trumpet in F that’s a perfect fourth below a standard b-flat trumpet it would be a contralto, not a contrabass.

From the description it would appear to be an octave and a half below a standard Bb trumpet. I would very much like to see photos of this beast, particularly a photo of how it is held when playing. Also, what is the bore of this horn?

Hup
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Postby Tubainsauga » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am

The contrabass trumpet is pitched in F, an octave and a half below a standard trumpet just as an F tuba. I don't really know the bore of the instrument, but it takes a bass trombone mouthpiece (I use a Doug Yeo most of the time). It's about the size of a marching baritone and I'll post more photos when I get home tonight.
Tubainsauga
3 valves
3 valves

Postby tuba_dude07 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

For the PT 15, would you be open to a payment plan? (Payment each month for a year or so) You'll probably want interest I imagine. Just thought I'd ask.
tuba_dude07
lurker
lurker

Postby PMeuph » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:48 pm

$USD or $CAD?
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Postby TubaRicky » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Is the Neptune still available? I would like to know a bit more about this tuba.
TubaRicky
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner