Getzen CB50 CC tuba, $6500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Getzen CB50 CC tuba, $6500

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

Hello everyone,

I am looking to sell my Getzen CB50 4/4 CC tuba. 4 pistons, one rotor. The silver finish is wearing off in various points (from what I understand, this is common with these tubas).

I received this tuba used and had Martin Wilk do some much needed work to it, including:
  • Valve Alignment
    Valve venting on pistons
    New aluminum buttons (old ones were falling apart)
    Titanium stems
    Bell dent work
    Re-soldering of some braces
    Fifth slide stop (screw)
    First slide stop (string)

Also included is a Wessex gig bag.

This is a very flexible instrument with a great sound- I wish I could justify keeping it!

Please PM or email if you have any questions. The tuba is currently located in Bloomington, IN but I will be driving to the East Coast for the the upcoming holidays and can bring it with me.

Thanks!

Photos here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5my7oe7cq5n ... nus-a?dl=0
DM, Indiana University