*On Hold*B&S PT-4 CC FS/FT

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

*On Hold*B&S PT-4 CC FS/FT

Post by Bnich93 »

I have a B&S PT-4 4/4 5 rotor tuba that I am putting up for sale. It is a great horn and the only reason that I am selling it is so that I may upgrade to a larger horn. It has all 5 rotors vented as well as a first valve slide ring added. The work was done by Alan Baer IIRC. The horn was purchased new from Custom Music in 2008 by Kyle Turner, and then bought by me in late 2012.

The intonation is nearly point and shoot, the only noticeably questionable notes are Db below staff (2+4 w/ 4th slide pull) and G top of the staff (125 is in tune but I only bother for long notes). The nickle plating is wearing on the keys, and on the 3rd valve slide, where my hands are usually placed. There are some scratches of varying depth, but from the audience it looks spotless.

Asking $6500 with gig bag and possibly flight case(its in NY while im in GA). Also I am open to trades for 5/4 or especially 6/4 tubas with minimum 5 valves. I can add money on top if your horn is much more valuable but there may be more waiting for my loans to come through.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ozZWX ... rff209Nv11" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Bnich93 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hirsbrunner HB50 w/Warburton 30DL
John Packer 377s w/Parker Cantabile
eutubabone
3 valves
3 valves

Re: B&S PT-4 CC FS/FT

Post by eutubabone »

Sent you a pm.
aaronwelker
lurker
lurker

Post by aaronwelker »

Still available?
-Aaron
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Post by Bnich93 »

It is still available. There are a couple people contacting me so act quickly!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I heard Kyle play this a few times in NYC, and it sounded great!
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Post by Bnich93 »

*cough*bump*cough*