FS: Rudolf Meinl 3/4 CC Tuba *SOLD*

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TubaStaub
lurker
lurker

FS: Rudolf Meinl 3/4 CC Tuba *SOLD*

Post by TubaStaub »

Well, after 10 glorious years, I have decided to sell my ol' Rudy. She's an aged beauty with great intonation and that classic Rudy sound. I had the horn worked on by Matt Walters from Dillon Music to clean up some of the inner tubing which has really improved the low register of the horn. Some Rudolf Meinl 3/4's can get stuffy in the low register with the 4th valve but this one plays really cleanly, thanks to Matt. Requires very minor slide pulling with the D in the staff and the pedal D. G at the top of the staff sometimes comes out better as 1+2, but that depends on the day for me. I've also removed the thumb ring but I still have it so you can get it re-attached if you want. The strap you see in the photo is from the Neotech tuba harness I used for quintet and dixie groups. Nobody could resist a dancing tuba! This horn is great for all-around playing and got me through my bachelor's and master's.

Asking price is $5,200 and the tuba is located in central Missouri. Tuba also comes with a Pro-Tec gig bag. Trial periods are welcome and encouraged, with buyer paying for shipping. I would also be willing to meet half-way in a 3-4 hour radius. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Edit: Tuba is sold! Thanks for the responses everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TubaStaub on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TubaStaub
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Rudolf Meinl 3/4 CC Tuba

Post by TubaStaub »

Tuba is still available! The main reason I'm selling the horn is because I'm starting to transition to a Bb player. I have to memorize a lot of marches for the Army and it helps that my concert tuba is in the same key as my sousaphone. I am also willing to negotiate trades for 5 valve Bb tubas. I have a Meinl Weston 195 Fafner at work which I really like but I've been meaning to try out the Wessex Luzerns and other models.
TubaStaub
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaStaub »

Bump! Tuba is still available. Just got back from Midwest and played some pretty good 4 valve BBb tubas. Still interested in possible trades so shoot me a message and we can see if we can work something out :tuba:
obreitys
bugler
bugler

Post by obreitys »

You don't see too many 3/4 CC's with 5 valves. Looks like a great little horn for chamber ensemble.
carsonjon211
lurker
lurker

Post by carsonjon211 »

Sent a PM
B&S 3097 (PT 3)
PT 88
catfishtuba69
lurker
lurker

Post by catfishtuba69 »

Sent a PM
TubaStaub
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaStaub »

Thank you everyone for the responses, the tuba is still for sale! You can see more photos of the tuba and some comparison shots to a Fafner 5/4 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iJZ9n ... FhXcIvTggy" target="_blank