FS: Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC ***SOLD***

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
lowtones425
bugler
bugler

FS: Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC ***SOLD***

Post by lowtones425 »

***SOLD***

Hello Tubenet:

For Sale is my Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC tuba.

This is a 5 valve instrument, in road worn but entirely playable condition as many older Rudy Meinls tend to be. I believe this instrument was manufactured sometime in the early 1990s, but I do not know the full set of details, as this horn has had several owners before me.

I will note that there is a main tuning slide kicker along with a custom main tuning slide that was custom built for this horn by Osmun Music in Acton, MA. This is handy for dealing with the standard Rudy intonation quirks. The horn was also fitted at some point with a custom Euro shank leadpipe.

In terms of wear, the instrument could use some minor maintenance that I haven't had time to do myself (new rotor bumpers, a cleaning, some dent work) but plays very well as it is right now. I haven't been playing much tuba the past couple years while I have been in pursuit of a Masters in Conducting, but I have played this horn enough recently to say that it performs like a champ. My most recent concert was a Rachmaninoff 2 and the horn played magnificently.

Lacquer wear is pretty heavy, and this is not the prettiest of tubas. Pictures are available in the Google Drive link below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bMuB7 ... 8gX2iRj1Qy" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

The instrument will be available after Christmas, and is located in Boston, Massachusetts.

The selling price is $7500.00, but reasonable offers will be entertained. No trades.

I despise the idea of shipping, but if necessary will ship at buyer's risk/expense. You are of course welcome to come trial the instrument in Boston, and the beer and baked beans are on me.

The instrument will come with a worn but functional Altieri gig bag, along with the original tuning slide and a set of heavy valve caps.

I am selling only because I have decided to switch to a piston valve CC tuba, otherwise I would totally hold on to this horn.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Regards,

Benjamin Ruesch
Bard College Conservatory of Music
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lowtones425 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eastman 6/4 CC - Laskey 30HE
Rudy Meinl 4/4 F - Breslmair F3
Conn 2J 3/4 CC - Eastman Paperweight
Olds BBb Sousaphone - Tin Can
zmann67
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC

Post by zmann67 »

I played this tuba and I can say this is a GREAT rotor C tuba. The sound is unique/dark

The 5/4 size is misleading, it is much bigger than a stander 5/4 PT6 rotor. Great orchestral instrument. Sorry to see it leave but you have to pick this instrument that fits both you AND the job :tuba:
PT6
PT16