Sold Yorkmaster/Miraphone 4 valve CC Tuba $4,000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
hsl121456
lurker
lurker

Sold Yorkmaster/Miraphone 4 valve CC Tuba $4,000

Post by hsl121456 »

For Sale,
Four Piston valve Yorkmaster Tuba that has been cut to be a CC Tuba with a Mirphone 188 bell. Originally, this horn was a detachable Bell front BB flat horn. When I put an upright bell on it the pitch changed to "B". With some modifications and cutting, the open partials are in tune. The horn has been played and tested by Matt Walters of Dillon Music last February at the Army Band Tuba Euphonium Conference and by Jim Self this past June. Both have given the horn a thumbs up on intonation. The valve slides have also been adjusted as well. The 4th valve tubing has been modified to put the slide in an up facing position to accommodate pulling. The valve bore is 19mm. The modification work was done by Lee Stofer and myself. The valves were re-plated by Anderson Plating in 2015. It is a naked brass horn. I'm also including a FoamBody hard case. It has been my main large ensemble horn.

I'm asking $4000.00 OBO within reason.This price does not include shipping. The horn is located in North, Atlanta, GA. I'm willing to travel within a 100 mile radius to let you try the horn. Please respond by PM with e-mail information and I will respond to you with a more detailed description and contact information so that you can play this great horn.

Thanks, Howard Levine
Pictures:
YorkmasterMiraphonefront.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hsl121456 on Wed May 02, 2018 11:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
hsl121456
lurker
lurker

Re: FS Yorkmaster/Miraphone 4 valve CC Tuba

Post by hsl121456 »

Thank you for your input. I used my phone for the pix. I'll probably use my Nikon to send better pix to an interested buyer. As I said in the post, finances are dictating this sale, I wish I didn't have to .
pls2525
lurker
lurker

Re: FS Yorkmaster/Miraphone 4 valve CC Tuba Price Reduced

Post by pls2525 »

Howard, I am interested in purchasing your tuba for my son. Please contact me at the following- I am located 1 hour north of Atlanta.

rpnsanders@windstream.net" target="_blank

706-252-0526