SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

SOLD

Post by RoosterTuba »

UPDATED

FOR SALE: $1300 (includes tuba, MIRAPHONE ROSE SOLO MOUTHPIECE and hard-soft case)

Located in Indianapolis, IN

I am looking into purchasing a different bass tuba to meet my needs as a musician. So I have decided to aid in that investment, to put up my F tuba for sale. There also have been some financial burdens lately in life, and untill next semester starts, I simply do not see myself needing this horn when costs of life are starting to wear thin on my finances.

This is a 4/4 6 valve f tuba, manufactured in China. However, like most tuba copies in recent history, it is a very manageable instrument. The company, "M&M" no longer exists, to my current knowledge. Bell size is 15” and has a bore of .750. Lacquer is 100%

I have used this horn in quintets, for solos, and have been accepted to multiple grad schools through auditioning on this horn. I have performed one orchestral performance with it, and through proper air support still was able to hold up against the entire ensemble. I will say though, a 5/4 or 6/4 F horn would make the job easier.

Work done:
-I had the rotors realigned, and it has been cleaned. New stops put in on the rotors as well.

Here is a good review of this specific model from Mack Brass:

"This is a full size 4/4 6 valve F tuba modeled very closely to the Firebird. The low register is incredibly open and in my opinion it has the best low register of any rotary f tuba on the market. The only f tuba with a better low CC is the Yamaha piston, all other brands need to look at this design because it is here to stay. The sound is big on this horn, has a great upper register and you will not be disappointed.

Intonation: The horn will take a little work but with the right effort, dividends will be realized. The F at the top of the staff rides high, so I found that it is best-played 2&3. Below the staff, the Eb and D are a little low but using the 6 th valve locks it right in. Since the low register has wide slots you can easily lip those two notes up."

The horn slots well, it just needs some familiarity to get everything 100% in tune. A GREAT first F tuba for any student, and a great bass tuba to compliment a contra-bass horn.

Please email me: stefan DOT roose AT gmail DOT com

Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8oMA2OhQE5p61l753" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by RoosterTuba on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 6 Valve M&M F tuba 4/4 $1550

Post by RoosterTuba »

BUMP

I will throw in a miraphone rose solo mouthpiece (brand new, $120 value) in for an extra $50. Mouthpiece only comes with tuba.
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"
griffinwilson
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 6 Valve M&M F tuba 4/4 $1550

Post by griffinwilson »

Email sent
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 6 Valve M&M F tuba 4/4 PRICE DROP

Post by RoosterTuba »

Bump for price drop, and mouthpiece now included!
Stefan Roose

GA Butler University
Wisemann 5/4 CC Tuba
Mack Brass "PT-15"
RoosterTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS 6 Valve M&M F tuba 4/4 PRICE DROP

Post by RoosterTuba »

BUMP

Need sold soon!
Stefan Roose