SOLD!! Miraphone 283B Norwegian Star $7500 CAD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TorEuphie
lurker
lurker

SOLD!! Miraphone 283B Norwegian Star $7500 CAD

Post by TorEuphie »

Finally doing this.

Price is $7500 CAD. Located in Pickering, Ontario, Canada.

Up for sale is my Norwegian Star.
I purchased this last year as my one and only tuba. After years of subbing in with community bands and using whatever horns they could lend me, I decided to purchase my own. But my situation has changed a bit. I am primarily a euphonium player, and I find myself playing much more trombone as a double. As such, this horn barely saw any use this year. So, here's hoping I can get it into the hands of someone who will use it! It's a beautiful horn and I love owning it, but it just doesn't make sense at this point.

This is the 5 Valve Yellow Brass model and I'm the second owner. Hardly a dent on it; I think we both took pretty good care of it. Plays amazingly but is just too much tuba for me (and my small apartment.) Sending it out with an MTS hard case and Protec Platinum Gig Bag if desired. Also comes with a Miraphone TU17 and Stofer-Geib Euro mouthpieces.

As mentioned, all offers are welcome and encouraged! Not exactly looking for a trade, but would entertain those offers as well if they include euphoniums. Also available for trial in the Greater Toronto Area. More pictures are coming in the next few days. Feel send to send me a PM with any questions. If shipped, buyer pays shipping. I don't drive, so I can't bring the horn far, but I can make it available in the GTA.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TorEuphie on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
YEP642S - Modified 53DL by Justin Gorodetzky
Miraphone Norwegian Star - Helleberg 7B
Early 70's King 3B w/ F Attachment - Bach 11C
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 283B Norwegian Star

Post by PMeuph »

TorEuphie wrote:.... Greater Toronto Area......
Stryk wrote:The ad needs to have a price and location - THANKS!
:roll: :roll:
Last edited by PMeuph on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

Stryk wrote:
PMeuph wrote:
:roll: :roll:
The last kid that rolled their eyes at me, I kicked out of my band. :tuba:
I incorrectly used URL and not Underline.

But:

Toronto is a City. (i.e, The biggest city in Canada) and 4th largest city in North America...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... population" target="_blank" target="_blank

The eyeroll was for location....Not because of the forum rules.
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
TorEuphie
lurker
lurker

Post by TorEuphie »

My apologies guys, I used the incorrect draft for this post. Price and location info is now near the top of this post.

Sorry about that!
TorEuphie
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Miraphone 283B Norwegian Star $7500 CAD

Post by TorEuphie »

Bump for a lowered price. Still available and still entertaining all offers. Also noting that this horn can certainly be present at the upcoming TOTES conference: Thats TOronto Tuba Euphonium Symposium, on March 17th. (This is a totally new event that'll be the first of its kind in Toronto, to my knowledge.

Cheers!
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

Hey. Check your private messages... =)
Peach
TorEuphie
lurker
lurker

Post by TorEuphie »

Just a quick bump and reminder that all offers are welcome! Including full/partial trades that include euphoniums. Besson Sovereigns/Prestiges, M5050s, Genevas, and Willsons are of interest to me in this regard.

Cheers!
caskConditionedAle
lurker
lurker

Post by caskConditionedAle »

Sold! Thanks TorEuphie.