Buy my vintage tubas for Chicago TC!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Buy my vintage tubas for Chicago TC!

Post by Bob Kolada »

Are you in Chicago for Midwest or Tuba Christmas? That's a great reason to buy another tuba or two!

The tuba in the front is a pre-1900 Conn with a lovely sound. The valves are quick work and all slides pull. Intonation is pretty solid- octave Eb/D's are in tune, fifth partial and Bb in the staff need the other fingerings. Small receiver, very lightweight horn.

Back tuba is a 1916 H.N. White/King"medium" Eb with a really great sound. Good low range, usable false tones, very easy to play. The intonation is a little more typical old Eb but I played it in the Army a little bit and for a semester of music school as my only horn. Midsize receiver, bass trombone and American shank tuba mouthpieces both fit. The valves are great and all slides pull. I haven't played in any groups in years and usually play my cimbasso at home but 1st top slide used to be quick and smooth. The main slide has been shortened and I had the guy I bought it from flip the 1st slide.

https://i.imgur.com/xBsjE4p.png

I'm asking $800 each and am open to a deal for both. I'm in the Logan Square area in Chicago. My email is bobkolada/gmail. Thanks!
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Buy my vintage tubas for Chicago TC!

Post by Bob Kolada »

Bump!
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Bob Kolada »

And another Tuba Christmas approaches!
wrms
lurker
lurker

Post by wrms »

Does that mean that you still have those horns for sale?
That’s taking a while. :D

Mark
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Bob Kolada »

Bump!
Todd
lurker
lurker

Post by Todd »

Hey are these horns still available?