FS: Meinl Weston 2250TL French Touch F - MINT ($12,800 OBO)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
LowBrassNYC
bugler
bugler

FS: Meinl Weston 2250TL French Touch F - MINT ($12,800 OBO)

Post by LowBrassNYC »

Considering selling my MW 2250TL French Touch model F that I purchased a few months ago. It is in mint condition and has no sign of a scratch or dent on it as it has never left my apartment. This model compared to other 2250's has a smaller bell, has a main-slide jigger behind the first valve slide, and has a convenient carrying handle that rests under the right hand palm. Having owned another 2250 before this, it has a sweeter sound and doesn't have the 'woofy' sound typical with large piston F tubas. It has the most present low range compared to every F tuba I've ever played. It's ideal for solo, orchestral, and chamber playing and functions as a great substitute for a small CC tuba. These horns are not readily available from dealers or the factory and can have a 9-month wait.

Stats from Meinl Weston:

• F-Tuba
• "French Touch" model
• 6/4 size
• 4 front action piston steel valves, 1 rotary valve
• bore: 19mm / .748”
• 4th valve: 20mm / .75˝
• 5th valve: 20.5mm / .807˝ (thumb operated)
• bell diameter: 42cm / 16.5˝
• special handhold
• special engraving "French Touch"
• silver-plated

Instrument includes MW Gig Bag that was included with the horn. I have a case that fits it that I am not interested in selling, but do not mind using it to ship the horn (buyer would ship case back to me). Buyer pays for all Greyhound Shipping, or can pick up in Manhattan.

$12,800 OBO

NOTE: I am currently on vacation and am away from the instrument and will have pictures of the actual instrument when I am back in New York City. Here is a detailed closeup of the horn on the Meinl Weston site: http://www.melton-meinl-weston.com/en/i ... s/2250tlt/" target="_blank
Ryan Fisk
———
Meinl Weston 2250TL, 6460, 6450/2
MikeMilnarik
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2250TL French Touch F - MINT ($12,800 O

Post by MikeMilnarik »

Although I've never played this particular tuba, I own a 2250TL and I've gotta say - I LOVE IT! Bought mine more than 4 years ago now and I am constantly saying how much I love this tuba.

FWIW

Mike Milnarik
http://www.milnarik.com

INNOVATA
COSMOPOLITAN TUBA QUARTET
MMI - TUBA EUPHONIUM ACADEMY
TUBASTUDIO.com

Tufts University & Milnarik Music Initiative
LowBrassNYC
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2250TL French Touch F - MINT ($12,800 O