Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer custom 6/4 CC - REDUCED PRICE

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
dwcramer2
lurker
lurker

Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer custom 6/4 CC - REDUCED PRICE

Post by dwcramer2 »

For Sale: A Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer handmade/custom 6/4 CC

Asking price: $21,000, with all of the following included (all in good condition):
- original valves, valve caps and stems
- Martin Wilk lightweight valve caps and stems (currently on the horn)
- MAW valves
- Alan Baer PVAK alignment system
- black cordora Cronkhite gig bag (which was purchased new when I bought the horn).

The horn has had regular cleaning, maintenance, and care since I’ve had it. There are no significant scratching or dents, there is one cosmetic wear spot on the front of the bottom bow (see photos). I'm not aware of any mechanical issues with the horn, and am selling it "as is." I’m not the best camera man, but hopefully the pictures show the horn to be in very good repair and cosmetic condition. They can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/64pllo4deqty ... AbUEa?dl=0" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I have found it to be really resonant yet clear and nimble. What I appreciate most about the 6450/2 is that it sounds like a 6/4 but handles like a smaller horn. I had the opportunity to compare it head-to-head with the production model of the same horn and the difference was really noticeable to me.

I'd love to hold on to the horn, but personal circumstances necessitate that I put it up for sale. The horn is located in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area. I’m not looking to ship the horn, but will try to work with anyone who has a serious interest in it.

Please feel free to be in touch with any questions (especially anything I may have forgotten to mention). I will respond to questions and interest in the order that messages come in.

Thanks,
Don :tuba:
Last edited by dwcramer2 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Don
4/4 CC Franken-York
1917 Conn Bb Helicon
dwcramer2
lurker
lurker

Re: Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer custom 6/4 CC - NEW PRICE

Post by dwcramer2 »

bump for price adjustment
Don
4/4 CC Franken-York
1917 Conn Bb Helicon
dwcramer2
lurker
lurker

Post by dwcramer2 »

Thanks for the interest so far! The horn is still currently available.
Don
4/4 CC Franken-York
1917 Conn Bb Helicon
dwcramer2
lurker
lurker

Post by dwcramer2 »

A few folks have asked if I would be open to any kind of trade as part of the purchase price. Based on what I have/need right now, the only horn I'm looking at is an F horn, most likely a Meinl Weston 2250.

Thanks for the continued interest and inquiries - please feel free to be in touch with any other questions!
Don
4/4 CC Franken-York
1917 Conn Bb Helicon
dwcramer2
lurker
lurker

Re: Meinl Weston 6450/2 Baer custom 6/4 CC - REDUCED PRICE

Post by dwcramer2 »

If there is any serious interest, I can bring this with me to the Army Band Tuba Euph Conference (I'm planning to be there Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon). Just inbox me to set something up. Thanks!
Don
4/4 CC Franken-York
1917 Conn Bb Helicon