Traded

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Traded

Post by DouglasJB »

I've been trying to avoid this hoping my hand would start to regain enough strength after it broke back in April, but it hasnt. So I am reluctantly switching back to a rotary bass tuba. And probably while I'm at it switching back to F.

Horns I am interested in are 5 or 6 valve F tubas. Older horns are fine, a John Packer F, a Wessex Berg (or PT15 clone), or Cerveny 651-5 (or -6).

I am putting my 5V Eb tuba up for sale. It is a Frankenhorn with the body being from a 1920 Beuscher "Giant" Eb, with a 17" Gold wash bell, and a satin Silver finish over the horn. The valveset is from a King 2341 (.689") that has been stripped down to raw brass. The slides to valves 1-4 are all accessible with left hand while playing. The 5th valve is .750" and tuned to a tritone (similar to the Gronitz PF125 F Tuba) I will provide a quick fingering suggestion at the end of this... this horn has a new leadpipe that is admittedly slightly low (i have a tall torso) and a Euro shank receiver (I can include a Wessex Adaptor). Before asking about intonation, everyone is different, I play and move slides while playing so each note is close to in tune with little effort.

Fingering below Bb (below staff)
A. 24
Ab. 52
G. 512 (53)
Gb. 523
F. 524 (push 4) or 54 (pull 4)
E. 524 or 534
This low range is better then the 6/4 CC I play, it's truly awesome to have such a strong low range for a small horn.

The horn is located in Clarksville Tennessee and can be shipped Via Greyhound in an SKB case. I can also include a good plated Denis Wick 3L if desired (works well on this horn). For pictures please email me at brileydouglas (at) yahoo (dot) com. Or for those who know me on facebook, feel free to message me.
Last edited by DouglasJB on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTT 5V Beuscher/King Eb for Rotary F

Post by Tabor »

Tubas