Off the market

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Re: VMI 3301 at Buddy Roger's Music

Post by Sousaswag »

Awesome tubas. I love my 3302. Price is a little high in my opinion, but not unreasonable. Someone should jump on this. They don't come up for sale very often and play virtually identically to their CC counterparts. You won't regret it!
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

These are great tubas! :tuba: I remember when the VMI 3301/3302 BBb tubas came out. WW&BW was the importer/seller of these. I think the late Charlie Krause owned one of these when he worked @ WW&BW. I tooted on one for a long time and could not put it down because it played so well. Think of a German version of a King 2341 and you have this. Actually, IMO, a better tuba than the King 2341. Wish VMI/B&S still made these great tubas :idea:
Liberty Mo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Liberty Mo »

I remember 10 years ago, when Brook Mays was selling these for $2800 for 4 valve model or $3000 for the 5 valve model with a case. I picked up one, didnt care for it and sold it a couple of years later for more than what I paid.

Inflation in tuba market is painful.
Miraphone 1291-5v BBb
Conn Monster BBb
"Half of the World is Below Average"
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Mark Finley wrote:I could have sold one for less than $3000 any day of the week.
Still true today! :P
tubaport
bugler
bugler

Re: VMI 3301 at Buddy Roger's Music, Price Drop

Post by tubaport »

Stopped in and played this horn yesterday. It’s a very nice example and will get you that nice big German sound. Very easy to play low. Intonation good with a couple of slide pulls. If you’re looking for an all around Bb, give this one a go!
Kyle Hurst

”Wagner use to read the libretti of his operas to his friends; I’m glad I was not there.”
Ralph Vaughan Williams