1909 King H.N.White Helicon For Sale -- SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Worth
3 valves
3 valves

1909 King H.N.White Helicon For Sale -- SOLD

Post by Worth »

I’m trying to downsize and am more comfortable playing in C so I’m offering up for sale this 108 year old King H.N.White Bb Helicon. Due to the size, shape, stand, no case, etc. I'm trying for local or semi-local first.

The serial number is 19340 and I purchased it three or four years ago here on Tubenet. Neck and one bit (which is all you need) are included as well as a pretty heavy and sturdy stand and two Neotech protective sleeves. It plays in A440 with the slide out about an inch. The slides all work and valves are smooth and not excessively noisy for the vintage with their metal guides. This instrument doesn’t have a major pop of compression when pulling slides out, but it plays very well in tune even in an unexpected delicate church setting one-on-one with Violin one time. This instrument is truly a player and deserves to get taken out more, or get some professional TLC. All braces are solid. The finish is as polished as it can get. The interior bell finish is what it is, I know, but not trying to misrepresent anything. The main slide has been wrapped with electrical tape ever since I purchased it and I chose to not take it off. It certainly does not affect playability. Due to the size I’m offering it for sale locally or with a reasonable agreed upon drive distance from Tampa, FL. I’m asking $1,000 which is just a bit under what I payed for it and we’ll see how that goes. If there’s no action in a month or so, then maybe entertain offers. Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to fellow Tubenet folks! Please reply via Tubenet PM.

Last edited by Worth on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Wisemann 900 with Laskey 30H
~1980 Cerveny 4V CC Piggy
1935 Franz Schediwy BBb
1968 Conn 2J (thinking of selling)
Worth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 1909 King H.N.White Helicon For Sale (Trying 4 Local Sal

Post by Worth »

bump
1935 Franz Schediwy BBb
Worth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 1909 King H.N.White Helicon For Sale (Trying 4 Local Sal

Post by Worth »

On Hold
1935 Franz Schediwy BBb
Worth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 1909 King H.N.White Helicon For Sale -- SOLD

Post by Worth »

Sold Tubenet style. Buyer drove 11 hours. I drove 7 hours. Met in the middle at a Home Depot parking lot. Wishing you all the best with this cool piece of history. For those with FB here's a performance video of me on this beast. Please be kind.

:tuba:

https://www.facebook.com/EHCBand/videos ... 326149738/" target="_blank" target="_blank
1935 Franz Schediwy BBb