FS King 1135 Bb, Tuba $400(Sold) -- King 2280 Euph. $550

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
KKORO
bugler
bugler

FS King 1135 Bb, Tuba $400(Sold) -- King 2280 Euph. $550

Post by KKORO »

I've got a couple of horns I want to sell.

2 years ago I decided to learn to play an instrument. Although I have a music degree, I never learned to play an instrument. I bought an old beater of a King 2280 euphonium that had been reconditioned to playing condition. It's not a "looker." It has dents and solder marks all over it, although most dents have been removed. At a tuba Christmas last year, during a break, it was kicked across an aisle and put a "spider" crack in the middle back part of the bell just below and to the right of the lead pipe brace. It's very hard to see in the picture. That's the bad news. The good news is it plays great and sounds great. (might be the player, eh!)

I'm asking $650 plus shipping for it or best offer. I live in Northern Michigan and don't mind driving a bit to meet. It will come with a hard case and your choice of a mouthpiece. I have a Bach 6.5AL, Schilke 51D, Conn 5GR, King 5G, Dennis Wick 4AL and a No Name that came with the horn.
euph front.jpg
euph back.jpg
Euph 2 valves.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KKORO on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Re: FS King 1135 Bb(Sold), Tuba $400 -- King 2280 $550

Post by KKORO »

The second horn is a King 1135 3/4 size Bb tuba. Again, this is not a pretty horn. Just like the euphonium, it's been reconditioned to playing condition. I had the valves worked on and it plays nicely -- although, they are a bit noisy. It sounds very nice also.

I'm asking $400 plus shipping for this horn. It will come with an almost new Wessex gig bag and a Bach 18 mouthpiece.
tuba front 2.jpg
tuba back 2.jpg

I am a motivated seller. Please, don't be afraid to make an offer. Both horns have been played successfully in community bands and ensembles. In the case of the euphonium, I just want a new one. In the case of the tuba, I want a CC tuba. So, these have to go. I'll gladly consider a trade for the tuba if you've got a CC sitting around collecting dust.

I want to make sure, if you're interested in these horns, you know what you're getting. The pictures seem to make them look better than they do in real life. (Quite the salesman aren't I.)

Be Well! KKORO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KKORO on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Re: FS King 1135 Bb, Tuba $400 -- King 2280 Euph. $650

Post by KKORO »

I've added a picture of the "spider" crack I mentioned in the post. It's very hard to see in the pictures. It's on the back just to the right and below the lead pipe brace. Look close and you can find it. It is easier to see in person.
Crack in Euph..jpg
KKORO
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I've never seen one of these King 1135 tubas. Can one of your repair guys clue me in? The pistons, valve caps, and fingerbuttons look remarkably like the ones for a Conn 12J tubas. Is this horn a rebranded Conn offering by Conn-Selmer?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

Dan Schultz wrote:I've never seen one of these King 1135 tubas. Can one of your repair guys clue me in? The pistons, valve caps, and fingerbuttons look remarkably like the ones for a Conn 12J tubas. Is this horn a rebranded Conn offering by Conn-Selmer?
I'm 95% sure that the valveset is the same as a 12J, pasted on to a 3/4 bugle. Conn-Selmer also uses this same bugle for a top-action 3/4 tuba, and it makes sense to me that they wouldn't want to bother with designing a whole new valveset to make the front-action version, so they just used a 12J block. I say 95% because I cannot confirm this with absolute certainty, however, I see no reason why Conn-Selmer would design something different that looked so similar, when they could just re-purpose the same parts.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Re: FS King 1135 Bb, Tuba $400(Sold) -- King 2280 Euph. $550

Post by KKORO »

Tuba has sold. New price on euphonium -- $550

KKORO