CC Conn 3J (great condition) Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Postby r a y m o n d » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Selling my SHINY backup 3J (I own two). Serial #GB990131

18 inch bell diameter

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x01nx5OFhpEHNZfF2" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"

I'll be adding more photo content soon.

I've owned this horn for 4 years and only really played it once, performing the Perantoni/Maslanka Piazzolla's in front of a band. It was a great choice for that musical setting.

Comes with a blue Mirafone gig bag (pictured) with reflective trim and rigid zippered-disk cap.

The horn is 40 years old and in great shape. I've owned my primary 3J since 1984, bought from Dave Gannett.
The gig bag is in great shape.

These horns are perfect for brass chamber music, I discovered with my group Meridian Arts Ensemble. If you need a small CC that includes a fully chromatic pedal range and a small bore for high range and still drives like a sports car, this is it. This horn has 4 short piston valves (which have been vented). Very low maintenance.

I'm setting the ask for horn and gig bag at $5k. Location is western NY state and/or NYC. Will travel within the northeast, prefer not to ship on speculation.
r a y m o n d
lurker
lurker

Re: CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Postby Tubajug » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Beautiful horn!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
H.N. White King Eb
Conn 12J

Used to own, but still a fun thread: Lyon & Healy Eb

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Postby r a y m o n d » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 am

I agree! My intent is to find it a good home...
r a y m o n d
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner