CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
r a y m o n d
lurker
lurker

CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Post by r a y m o n d »

Selling my SHINY backup 3J (I own two). Serial #GB990131

18 inch bell diameter

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x01nx5OFhpEHNZfF2" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"

I'll be adding more photo content soon.

I've owned this horn for 4 years and only really played it once, performing the Perantoni/Maslanka Piazzolla's in front of a band. It was a great choice for that musical setting.

Comes with a blue Mirafone gig bag (pictured) with reflective trim and rigid zippered-disk cap.

The horn is 40 years old and in great shape. I've owned my primary 3J since 1984, bought from Dave Gannett.
The gig bag is in great shape.

These horns are perfect for brass chamber music, I discovered with my group Meridian Arts Ensemble. If you need a small CC that includes a fully chromatic pedal range and a small bore for high range and still drives like a sports car, this is it. This horn has 4 short piston valves (which have been vented). Very low maintenance.

I'm setting the ask for horn and gig bag at $5k. Location is western NY state and/or NYC. Will travel within the northeast, prefer not to ship on speculation.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Post by Tubajug »

Beautiful horn!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
r a y m o n d
lurker
lurker

Re: CC Conn 3J (great condition)

Post by r a y m o n d »

I agree! My intent is to find it a good home...