FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS: Miraphone 180 F 5V

Postby wtjohnson4 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Hello all,

Up for sale is a great little 3/4 Miraphone/Mirafone F with 5 valves (flat whole-step 5th) that many will recognize (Wade Rackley's old horn). This instrument is certainly unique, and there are others here more qualified to speak on the modifications but here's a quick run-down: raw brass finish, higher leadpipe placement, reverse main tuning slide, updated linkages on the rotors. It is in excellent shape for an instrument its age and with the right mouthpiece selection, this horn works great for (almost) whatever solo, quintet, and ensemble settings you may find yourself in. Letting go of this one because I can keep it and pay for a larger basstuba - I would if I could.

I'm asking $3,200.00 for the tuba and gig bag and will entertain all reasonable offers. The horn is located in Houston, TX and I will ship at the buyer's expense (via Greyhound is preferred). Thanks for looking!

wtjohnson4
lurker
lurker

Return to For Sale by Owner