Older Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb tuba - Sold!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
PCPettit
lurker
lurker

Older Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb tuba - Sold!

Post by PCPettit »

Please Note: This Tuba has been sold and is no longer available.

My older brother has a Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb tuba for sale. It was purchased sometime in the early 80s, but was likely built between 1969 and 1972 in the Bohm & Meinl factory in Germany under the guidance of Fred Marzan. The tuba is in good playing condition, but is definitely a little banged up and otherwise showing its age. Valves are all in good working order although one could stand to be restrung. Tuning slides mostly work - one or two may need a little TLC.

The Tuba is in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles), California and is being offered for local sale only. (i.e. we prefer not to pack and ship it.) Asking $2500 or best offer.

I've attached some photos, but I will send higher resolution versions and others to you directly on request.

Thanks - Peter Pettit
IMG_5354-smaller.jpg
IMG_5360-small.jpg
IMG_5355 small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PCPettit on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mtrhed
bugler
bugler

Re: Older Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb tuba

Post by Mtrhed »

PM Sent
Mtrhed
Keizer,OR
1912-14 Martin BB 6/4 rotary valve top-action
Conn BB 21J -F/A 4+1 conversion "Conn-Zilla"
2014 Wessex "Mighty Midget"
1918 York BB Model #33
King BB 1241 w/both bells
Caravelle B Commuter
Bruscher B Helicon
PCPettit
lurker
lurker

Re: Older Marzan 'slant-rotor' 4V BBb tuba

Post by PCPettit »

To MTRHED: I have received your messages and have responded - or at least tried to, and the messages are in my "Sent" box. If you don't receive something from me today (2-5-18), please contact me via email - PCPettit@gmail.com" target="_blank (or in any event, give me a shout!)

Thanks very much for your interest!

Pete Pettit