FT: Conn 10j - gone

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Coffeescar
lurker
lurker

FT: Conn 10j - gone

Post by Coffeescar »

Hi I recently picked up a used Conn 10j, sadly even it's 3/4 size is a little to big for my living conditions. It's in great playing condition, the slides move freely, and the valves move easily. The first valve seems to require a bit more oil than the other two, but it still plays great. There are a few minor dents, though the biggest issue cosmetically is that the bell is rumpled and the lacquer is almost completely gone at several points on the top of the bell(see pics). It comes with a soft foam gig bag, and the mouthpiece that came with it, the mouthpiece looks brand new, I've used it for the last two months and there are no scratches or chips.

I'm in Omaha, NE and am willing to travel up to two hours if you want to try it out first.

I'm looking for a smaller low brass instrument, preferable a travel tuba but as I recognize that a straight swap there might be a long shot I'd be more than happy to trade for a compensating euphonium.

Edit: The pictures aren't loading properly for some reason, if I can't get them to work here in the next 30 minutes I'll upload them to a dropbox.
Edit 2.0: Okay, here's just an Imgur link https://imgur.com/a/h8RTg" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Also decided to link my bonafides I'm Jeratoll over on Bartertown.com https://www.bartertown.com/trading/ref_ ... r_id=51242" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank and I have over 100 trades, 18 of those were trades at over $500 per side, and 5 more were trades of over $1000 per side

Edit 3: Thanks all the horn is currently spoken for