SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
adsteve
bugler
bugler

SOLD

Post by adsteve »

I am selling my Yamaha 621S CC tuba. This is a fantastic 3/4 horn that really plays much bigger than it is. This is an older model and has the metal valve guides (I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly why that was important, but when I bought it the seller mentioned it to me). Also included is the original Yamaha hard case it came with and a Jim Self Replica mouthpiece.

This horn plays incredibly well and is an amazing chamber (I know John Manning uses this model in the Atlantic Brass Quintet) and solo horn. The tuba also works well in community bands and many other settings. The low register responds much better than you'd expect from a 3/4 horn and there is very little slide pulling to be done.

Cosmetically, it is in great condition. Very few scratches, and a couple dents and dings from normal usage. The bell could probably use to be rolled out as there is a very slight crease. I never bothered to do it myself because from five feet away you cannot notice it and it never impacted the sound of the horn.

The horn is located in the Chicago area. I am willing to drive a couple hours to meet for a test run. I am asking $4,600 + shipping for the horn and will entertain all serious offers. PM me for more information. Pics can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1agGDa ... YE_eIrV227

Cat not included.
Last edited by adsteve on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Yamaha YCB 621S 3/4

Post by ckalaher1 »

I played this 621 on a couple of occasions and liked it very much. Will make a fine quintet instrument for someone.
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

BUMP for added pics. Make me an offer!
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

BUMP

Buyer fell through. $4,600 + shipping for the horn, original hard case, and Jim Self Replica mouthpiece. Horn is in Chicago. PM me for details.
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

BUMP

Great example of the 621S, located in Chicago area, and I am willing to drive a couple hours to meet for a trial. I am willing to entertain any serious offer.