Silver King 2341 with upright bell, Sold!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Sylvano
bugler
bugler

Silver King 2341 with upright bell, Sold!

Post by Sylvano »

$2800 US or $3500 Cdn
It's time to thin the herd.
Beside the 3302, I'm also selling my great King 2341. It originally came with a recording bell but found a frosted silver Eastlake King 3 valve with a heavier gauge upright bell and put the bell on the 4 valve shiny silver body. I ended up selling the 3 valve King with the recording bell to Sam Gnagey who used it to make a CC.

If you ever played these Kings, you know nimble they are. Great feel and intonation. One of the design flaws is that water collect in the 4th valve bend. Albert at the Baltimore Brass Company (BBC) installed a couple of Amado spit valves at the right spots which made the world of difference in concerts. You don't have to twirl the horn and remove slides.

This is an all around, all purpose horn. I used it to play all the pops with the symphony jazz, Gershwin, etc, brass band, dixie gigs and on.

I have an old really beat up King 3 valve that is in my office that is also fun to play so I feel that I can let the nicer 4 valve King go.

$2800 US or $3500 Cdn with Protec gig bag and 2 piece hard cases.

I will bring this horn the the US Army Tuba and Euphonium workshop on Wednesday, Jan 31, 2018. I will probably leave it on consignment with Dillon, NJ or the BBC, MD.

Photos at http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Sylva ... rary/Tubas" target="_blank" target="_blank
https://www.facebook.com/groups/599240870128348/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Sylvano on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvain Gagnon
Kingston, Ontario
Principal Tuba Kingston Symphony
Music Director, Communications & Electronics Garrison Military Band
SouthernOhio53
bugler
bugler

Re: Silver King 2341 with upright bell, gig bag

Post by SouthernOhio53 »

Is this still available?

Tubatunes53@gmail.com" target="_blank
Miraphone 187, 5V BBB