MRP CC $12,000-SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
contravic
bugler
bugler

MRP CC $12,000-SOLD

Post by contravic »

Hello tuba community,
As advertised the MRP has a beautifully balanced sound featuring a large orchestral timbre and a colorful core. This is a fantastic example of this model as it has a very even scale and good intonation. Some have expressed to me that this particular instrument may be one of, if not the best example of the MRP to come out of the factory. In my opinion I consider it to be a PT6 with a bigger sound and a bit more user friendly than the PT6s I’ve tried. It is in showroom condition and comes with a B&S blue gig bag. The tuba is located in Houston, TX. The price of these has VERY recently gone up again to $14,313 for lacquer (if you can find one for sale). Please contact me with any questions you may have about this lovely instrument.

Photos below
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IoWzP ... 74L5i9MdjI" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Asking $12,000 plus shipping

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by contravic on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Principal tuba, Symphony of Southeast Texas
tuba/euph instructor Lamar University
Omni Brass
Shepherd School of Music MM
Moores School of Music BA

Different tubes, wrapped different ways, with mouthpiece.
Porky
bugler
bugler

Re: MRP CC

Post by Porky »

I had the opportunity to play this instrument yesterday and this is by far the best rotor CC I've ever played. Very big booming sound with lots of color an width. It's easy to drive and doesn't get foggy. If you got the dough buy this horn. You won't be disappointed.
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Post by Michael Grant »

Pardon my ignorance but what does MRP stand for? Miraphone?
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
Sousaswag
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Sousaswag »

Mr. P
As in Dan Perantoni
Meinl Weston 5450RA Tuono
Willson 3200RZ-5
contravic
bugler
bugler

Post by contravic »

Hi Michael,
Good guess! These are made by B&S and the “MRP” refers to Mr. P or Daniel Parantoni. Mr. Parantoni was the inspiration and had a hand in designing this model. There is also an F tuba named MRP (PT18) and a line of tuba mouthpieces named “Mr. P” All are very fine products and considered top Shelf. I hope that answers your question!
Omni Brass

bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I call this tuba the "Merp."

Have heard from several (trusted, and very picky) players that the MRP is a great tuba. I guess if you never liked the PT6 at all, you may not fully agree... but if you were fine with the PT6, you would probably like the Merp... I mean MRP.... even more.
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Post by Michael Grant »

Thanks. That helps. I thought I could make out a B & S logo on the bell but it was not clear. If this horn plays anything like my friends GR51 or GR55 (I don't recall which one it it) it is a monster horn. Best of luck with the sale.
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
contravic
bugler
bugler

Post by contravic »

TMEA bump! Horn will be in San Antonio Thursday and Friday (2/15-2/16). Thanks!
Omni Brass

contravic
bugler
bugler

Re: MRP CC $12,000

Post by contravic »

Thanks bort, I agree. Anyone who likes the PT6 will probably like MRP quite a bit as well. If you only like playing pistons, I also think you should try this. The slurring is very easy on this horn and unforgiving slurring has been my complaint on a lot of large rotor tubas in the past.

I didn’t have a chance to play the MRP at TMEA but was told that mine was heads above that one by more than one person. Take that for what it is :)

Bump for price drop to $12k plus shipping
Omni Brass

ASmith
bugler
bugler

Post by ASmith »

Bump
I just got one a while back, and I am probably one of Bort's picky players. I will say if you like the Pt-6p you may not like this horn, but if you like the rotary model you'll love it. It's a huge, warm sound that will cast over the ensemble like a blanket. Plus lacquer is the way to go, I'm not a big fan of polishing my silver M(e)RP.
Rudy 5/4 CC
Willson 3400-FA5
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

ASmith wrote:Plus lacquer is the way to go, I'm not a big fan of polishing my silver M(e)RP.

Hey, blackish/purple/blue tubas look cool. I've seen an almost black HB-50 that looked pretty nice....and I think the tarnish made the sound darker. :tuba:
mstyrnaaa
lurker
lurker

Post by mstyrnaaa »

PM sent
contravic
bugler
bugler

Post by contravic »

SOLD!
Omni Brass

barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: MRP CC $12,000-SOLD

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Not surprised. I want one of these! A rotary with a big, warm sound, good tuning and good slurring is just what I need.
contravic
bugler
bugler

Re: MRP CC $12,000-SOLD

Post by contravic »

I hope you find one. These are truly special instruments. Looks like Dillon has one at a reasonable price. Good luck!
Omni Brass