Willson 2950TA Euphonium $6,100-ON HOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
contravic
bugler
bugler

Willson 2950TA Euphonium $6,100-ON HOLD

Post by contravic »

Hello tubenet,
I am selling my Willson 2950TA euphonium. For those not familiar with this model (because you usually see/hear the 2900), it has a bass-trombone-size shank and a larger bell than the 2900. The sound output is larger than the 2900. I only got it about 2 months ago and had it chem cleaned before even getting it home. The previous owner had it collecting tarnish for a couple years. I purchased it because I needed something for teaching my euphonium students. I have quickly discovered that this is WAY too much euphonium for this tuba player to use for only teaching. This thing is a player and should be matched up with a player! It is in good condition but has some sign of use. Please let me know if you need more detailed photos.

This model is very difficult to come by as Willson does not produce it anymore and you rarely see them come up for sale on the used market. The only place I could find it for sale was at Adams for about $8700USD.

The euphonium is located in Houston, TX.

Detailed specs can be found at the following link.
http://www.willson.ch/en/instrument/wil ... m-2950ta-0" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Photos below
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-1XI4 ... 8s9KMT45Fb" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Asking $6,100 plus shipping

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by contravic on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Principal tuba, Symphony of Southeast Texas
tuba/euph instructor Lamar University
Omni Brass
Shepherd School of Music MM
Moores School of Music BA

Different tubes, wrapped different ways, with mouthpiece.
contravic
bugler
bugler

Re: Willson 2950TA Euphonium $6,100

Post by contravic »

Bump for price drop!
Omni Brass

ufonium2
bugler
bugler

Post by ufonium2 »

contravic wrote:This model is very difficult to come by as Willson does not produce it anymore and you rarely see them come up for sale on the used market.
Are you sure about that? It's still on Willson's website, and WWandBW says they are out of stock but will get more in July. They're also out of stock for the 2900, which I'm sure Willson isn't discontinuing, so I wouldn't read anything into that.
contravic
bugler
bugler

Post by contravic »

Looking at your handle, im sure you’d know better than me! I was told this information by someone. Then seeing their website say that they were out of stock, I figured that was accurate. Maybe not? Either way, it’s an excellent instrument and I’m sure someone will be very happy with it. I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads up!
Omni Brass