FS: Sidey SSH Classic Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

FS: Sidey SSH Classic

Postby shiskabobnut » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Sidey SSH Classic style stainless steel Helleberg.

I originally bought this mouthpiece as a Christmas gift to myself, but after some tryout, it's not what I was looking for.
Great shape, only used a handful of times. Round shank, no dents, with barely any insertion marks. One small scratch across H on shank.
I believe this is also the Euro shank size.
This is a the full size helleberg variant, not the smaller II, or 7B size.

Straight from Sidey's Website:
The SSH "Classic" takes the SSH "Original" and places it in a 1930s type Helleberg exterior shell for a truly classic look as well as sound. The rim, funnel depth, throat and width are exactly the same as the SSH "Original". Some customers have reported the ability to play at louder output with less break up in sound quality due to the added bit of mass below the rim and near the throat that is an offshoot of the classic Helleberg exterior design.

Cup depth: 49.4 mm - Rim Inner Diameter: 33.46 mm - Throat: 8.28 mm - Rim width: 7.0mm

List price was $150. Asking $100, includes shipping.
Would possibly trade for a specific LOUD mouthpiece.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Miraphone 188 5v.
Mirafone 181 "Premium" 6v.
shiskabobnut
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Sidey SSH Classic

Postby hrender » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm

What kind of LOUD mp are you seeking?
hal.

1927 King Symphony 3v bellfront; 1935 Martin Handcraft 3v bellfront
hrender
6 valves
6 valves

Postby shiskabobnut » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 am

Folks, I should have been a smidgen more specific. I'm am on the lookout for an old style LM-4, or LM-9.

As of today, the mouthpiece is on hold. Thanks for the interest!
Miraphone 188 5v.
shiskabobnut
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 am

As you discovered, it is not for everyone, but this is an *excellent* Hellegerg mouthpiece. They are not currently in production. At some point in the future Paul may decide to bring them out again. But for now they are gone. This is the one with the external shape more like the classic Conn rather than the teardrop like the modern version. It has a slightly flatter rim and a sightly larger throat (I think - read here to be sure). If you like the 120S you might love this.

Of course, since it is on hold, my info and BUMP are probably not needed.

But BUMP anyway! I love my SSH. Houser cut these to Paul Sidey's specs and they are well made, indeed.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby shiskabobnut » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 am

Thanks for the bump! I didn't realize they were not currently in production. That would explain why they are out of stock via their website. Yes, for my tastes the rim is a little too flat. Very well made 'piece though.
Miraphone 188 5v.
shiskabobnut
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 am

Exactly. It is all about taste. This mouthpiece was pretty popular for a number of years but fell by the wayside for several reasons not having to do with the mouthpiece itself. The very flat rim is a big plus for some, so I am betting this will sell soon. If I had the cash I would buy it from you just because I like them and they are becoming rare.

Best of luck!
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby shiskabobnut » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Bump!

Mouthpiece is back on the market. Grab it while you can!
Miraphone 188 5v.
shiskabobnut
bugler
bugler

Postby shiskabobnut » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:49 am

Sold!
Miraphone 188 5v.
shiskabobnut
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 am

These will probably never be made again. Sadly, Paul passed away recently. Congratulations on your sale. I am glad you posted this tonight; it made me think of Paul. Many of us miss the guy a lot.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to For Sale by Owner