FS: BBb Miraphone 190-4U

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
LCTuba89
bugler
bugler

FS: BBb Miraphone 190-4U

Post by LCTuba89 »

I'm helping an acquaintance sell this horn.

I have played the horn. Here is the good and bad:

The Good:
- It is a genuine Miraphone (Mirafone) 190
- The low register plays in tune and doesn't feel stuffy at all. Low F pops right out with plenty of intensity.
- The horn isn't too heavy and it sits nicely on the lap with easy access to the 1st tuning slide. No stand required.
- The overall tone is basically a 186 on steroids. Has the 186 bark but with more meat behind it. Can easily burn without trying too hard.
- The 3rd partial is surprisingly close to being in tune. No need for alternate fingerings on 3rd partial pitches.

The Bad:
- The horn needs some dent work done. There is a big dent in the bottom bow, but the biggest concern is the dent in the leadpipe. Leadpipe dents affect the intonation and response greatly.
- The valves are sluggish, just needs cleaning and oil though.
- The biggest problems of this horn are definitely intonation wise though. The 5th and 8th partial are EXTREMELY FLAT. I'm talking 5th partial sounds a sharp Db and 8th partial sounds a sharp A. Using alternate fingerings does make the D and high Bb more usable but just something to note.

The guy will take $3000 for the horn AS-IS with the case. He will sell it repaired though for $3200. If you're interested I will leave his email and the pictures here. You can also PM me as well.

Email: jbreezy642@aol.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Melton 2155R 5/4 CC Tuba
Conn International Rotary 4/4 BBb Tuba