FS/FT MW 2182-W in Silver

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
JTCtuba89
bugler
bugler

FS/FT MW 2182-W in Silver

Post by JTCtuba89 »

Hey all,

Looking to sell my 2182-w in silver plating. Bought new in 2015, well taken care-of, and an excellent f tuba for anyone who likes a compact piston horn with a big sound. Easy to steer, and more open in the low register than the original 2182s and some fixed pitch issues due to the wider valve section. It's an f tuba, so there are tendencies, obviously, but none that have made this horn feel like a lot of work needed to be put into "making it work for me". These horns are amazing and I'm only selling because I do not play often enough to justify holding onto it and want to downsize.

This includes the original gig bag, the horn as been serviced and tweaked by Matt Walters, Mead valve springs, and Martin Wilk lightweight valve stems, caps, and guides.

Getting a more compact/cheaper C and F and would be willing to trade for equipment coming out to an equivalent price or a horn plus cash. Looking for $12,000. Pictures to come, will entertain all serious offers! Horn is currently located in Montreal, but willing to drive a reasonable distance to have someone try it out (or you can visit and I'll give you some studio recording time to try out the horn!)

Thanks!
Justin