SOLD* Balu Mute for Sale/Trade Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

SOLD* Balu Mute for Sale/Trade

Postby bgozdowski » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:25 pm

This item has been sold. Thank you everyone for your interest.
Last edited by bgozdowski on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgozdowski
lurker
lurker

Re: Balu Mute for Sale/Trade

Postby bgozdowski » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Bump
bgozdowski
lurker
lurker

Postby geomiklas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 am

I love my Balu wood mute!
George's Website
1967 Mirafone 186 5UCC
Balu Wood Tuba Mute
Schiller C Tenor Tuba
MA Music Ed Harmonica & Tuba Performance Liberty Univ(2019)
MEd Special Ed Cognitive & Physical Disabilities
BM Music Ed Tuba Performance w/John Turk
geomiklas
bugler
bugler

Postby the elephant » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 am

I have one of his very first of the smaller ones. I would trade it.

I have no corks for it. The velcro is still there, but I was planning to re-cork it permanently. It is too small for my BATs and fits my 186 clone pretty well. It fits my Kurath F perfectly. (The Kurath is the first version of the later Willson 3200FA-5.)

We could drive out to meet one another, perhaps in Tyler? I am a long way away, but have a long-standing beef against shipping anything from my locale as it will be destroyed. Incoming stuff fares much better, but fragile stuff still dies a hard death.

I would propose you keep all your corks. I will bring the ones I still have. You can have my mute and all the corks from both. I will take yours without any corks in exchange for mine, as described.

This road trip will give my wife and me the excuse needed to visit my mom down in South Texas. But my way home only goes as far west as Tyler. From there we head down to Waco on 31 to get onto 35. cuts out a ton of time. If you are interested, PM me and I will send you my number. We can then text or talk in private to see if this is something you want to do. My mute is still in excellent shape despite being about 12 years old. My issue is that I only ever use my BAT or my F for muted parts. I have a metal mute for both now, so this one is just not getting any use. If I can make yours fit my BAT that would give me a second muted tone from which to choose. And that would be pretty cool, in my book. ;-)

Wade Rackley
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to For Sale by Owner