G&P Cimbasso in F - trade completed!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

G&P Cimbasso in F - trade completed!

Post by barry grrr-ero »

G&P cimbasso in F; four pistons and thumb rotor; lacquer; chemically cleaned by John Thomas in Santa Cruz; (now) $5,000 with bags and optional Spin Doctor bicycle repair stand. You pay shipping charge. I don't enjoy real long drives, but I will consider that.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bZjpQO305hly8GV73" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'm selling this cimbasso because I need the funds. I used it in a jazz combos class and the second level jazz band at Cabrillo College. I also used it on a feature tune, "Makin' Whoopee", with that band. When using a full-on tuba mouthpiece (Euroshank), this horn gets just an incredible sound. However, that set up will suck the wind right out of you. If I were keeping it longer, I would probably get the Alan Baer F m.p. (Euro) since I use the Baer CC m.p. on my Neptune tuba. It comes with a contrabass trombone mouthpiece that says, "JK (Josef Klier) Exclusive 7C". I don't double well, so I find it a bit too small for me.

The cimbasso just got chemically cleaned and adjusted (felts, fifth valve mechanism) by John Thomas. John is a very strong tuba/trombone doubler. I do not trust the Wessex cimbasso stand, so I've been using a Spin Doctor bicycle repair stand. It is very heavy duty. You're welcome to have that with the cimbasso and its bags, but the cost of shipping it might be nearly as much as buying your own stand of some sort. I'll leave that to you. The clamp is turned vertically and clamps onto the inner bell brace (see photo). This is a bit heavy and cumbersome, but I've been able to leave the cimbasso rigged up like this backstage, with lots of people wandering around, and with no mishaps or worries of any kind.

The smaller bag that takes the valve cluster is designed to fit inside the larger bag, along with the bell. This works fine, but I preferred keeping the bell in a separate guitar bag, along with the two necks, floor peg and mouthpieces. When I had to haul the Neptune, the cimbasso and its stand (plus a tuba stand), I used a wagon from the car to the building. Yes, I got some strange looks.

I don't have any excerpts of me playing this thing, but this Youtube video will show you what a really strong player can get out of one of these. I ain't this good! (mine sounds very much like this one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqXfGt3rjQ" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I prefer direct e-mail to PM, which is barrygrrr@yahoo.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Barry Guerrero; Santa Cruz, Ca
Last edited by barry grrr-ero on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:19 am, edited 20 times in total.
J.Harris
bugler
bugler

Re: G&P cimbasso in F $6,500 + shipping

Post by J.Harris »

I’m interested but your photo link isn’t working for me.
Jason C. Harris
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

PM sent. The photos should work.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

barry grrr-ero wrote:PM sent. The photos should work.
The photo link does not work for me either, even after signing into my Google account. Link provides error 404.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

My apologies. I didn't realize that I needed to make a change under "sharing options". Please let me know if this works now (or doesn't).

Also, I sent photos as e-mail attachments to both of you. Check your e-mail - hopefully that works.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: G&P Cimbasso in F (lowered) $6,000 + shipping

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Bump for lower price.
Last edited by barry grrr-ero on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: G&P Cimbasso in F $6,000 or trade for Wessex cimbasso +

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Bump for trade possibility mentioned above.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

G&P Cimbasso in F $5,500 or trade for Wessex cimbasso +

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Bump for price lowered to $5,500.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: G&P Cimbasso in F, now $5,000 & other trade possibilitie

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Bump - now lowered to 5K (plus shipping).

I'm open to other trade possibilities too, such as a Wessex "Berg" F (plus cash), Wessex rotary cimbasso (plus cash), a decent 3+1 Eb (plus cash, if it's a less expensive or 'old' horn).

Don't get me wrong - I like this G&P cimbasso quite a bit. It's just that I need to take in some amount of cash. Therefore, I'm open to trade proposals that have some amount of cash flowing my way.

Barry Guerrero