FS Alex Frankentuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

FS Alex Frankentuba

Post by BBruce107 »

Hello all,

I have an Alexander Frankentuba that I am looking to part with. I really like the sound of this tuba however ergonomically it is just not for me. This tuba has a set of Miraphone valves with a major third fifth valve. I have used this tuba in the Alma Symphony Orchestra and recently recorded the Vaughn Williams Tuba Concerto with positive feedback from numerous members of the orchestra and my teacher. My asking price is $2300 plus shipping. The horn is very typical to the German tradition in F tubas so the low register can be an interesting beast but manageable.

Shoot me a message with your email and I will send pictures and a file of the Vaughn Williams so any interested parties can see and hear what this tuba is all about.

Thanks for looking!

Brandon Bruce
Last edited by BBruce107 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brandon Bruce
Principal Tuba Gaylord Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba Alpena Symphony Orchestra
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS/T Alex Frankentuba

Post by bort »

Is this the one that Norm Eppley made a while ago?
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump, back on the market!
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Post by BBruce107 »

Lots of interest but no takers yet. This is a nice smaller F tuba and can for sure be very versatile! The only reason for selling is that I am looking into a piston valve F tuba.
Brandon Bruce
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS Alex Frankentuba

Post by BBruce107 »

Bump still available! Will take 2200 plus shipping.
Brandon Bruce