FS: Gronitz PCK [SOLD]

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Chadplaysbass
lurker
lurker

FS: Gronitz PCK [SOLD]

Post by Chadplaysbass »

Hello TubeNet,

After much internal debate, I've decided to put my Gronitz PCK up for sale. I am absolutely in love with this horn, but after graduating and starting my career it doesn't get played very much. I want to see this magnificent horn get used by someone who will love it and play it as much as it deserves. Almost everyone that's played this horn has immediately loved it, and after playing various other PCK's and similar 5/4 CC tubas, this is still the best tuba I've ever played.

I've owned this horn for about 6 years, and am the second owner. It has been a great horn that has gotten me through my undergrad. It has performed incredibly in orchestras, concert bands, brass quintets, tuba quartets, duets, and solos. I firmly believe that this horn can do it all.

Pics: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N-Rjz ... 9ezIK0YQxS

The horn is a 4 piston valve and 1 rotary valve set-up. Easy access to the first, third, and fourth valve slides for intonation. (Never really had issues with 4th, but 3 and 1 get adjusted.)

I had the Sellmansberger synthetic felts put in about 4 years ago and that improved the alignment of the valves significantly (the stock felt wore out very quickly). I also had a slide pull ring installed on the 3rd valve slide to better tune the Eb's and Ab's. The previous owner had the leadpipe lifted off of the bell, which I rather like.

Only cosmetic blemishes are some wear of the lacquer on the contact points and the bottom bow, as well as the refinishing of the lacquer from when the leadpipe was removed from the bell. No major dents have ever fallen upon this horn.

It comes with an old version Glenn Cronkhite gig bag in black leather.

Horn is located in Phoenix, AZ. Not sure shipping would be an option due to only having a softcase, but I am willing to travel to LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, or Albuquerque.

Asking price is $12,000 OBO

SOLD
Last edited by Chadplaysbass on Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arizona State Univiersity

Blue Devils 2015-2016 "The Line"

York Navy BBb
Andalucia Concerto Series Euphonium
Chadplaysbass
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Gronitz PCK

Post by Chadplaysbass »

Bump!
Arizona State Univiersity

Blue Devils 2015-2016 "The Line"