Gnagey 6/4 CC SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Toobalicious
lurker
lurker

Gnagey 6/4 CC SOLD

Post by Toobalicious »

Horn is sold.

Hello Tubenet!

After a couple years of contemplation I have finally decided to part with my beloved Gnagey. This horn is incredibly versatile, flexible, and adaptable. Capable of huge dynamic range it is equally at home in a large ensemble or a small chamber group. It’s been with me almost six years; from the end of undergrad through graduate work.

From what Sam has told me the bell is a Cerveny, the wrap a Martin, and valveset is King. I believe it is one of three 6/4 Gnagey CC’s in existence. It also may be the third one built. Surprisingly light for a horn this size, it is very responsive and is difficult to sound “edgy.” I’d say the only real intonation issue is first-space “A,” which I generally pull first slide for or play third valve. Both fourth valve slides are also out a couple inches regularly. About two years ago, Matt Walters replaced the metal valve guides with nylon to reduce extraneous noise. It was also chemically cleaned. The fifth valve rotor can sometimes produce sound, however applying Hetman’s No. 14 will resolve the issue.

Included is an Altieri gig bag in decent condition. I think they usually have a second piece for the bell, but this one does not and I’ve never felt the need for it. Just minimize prolonged rain exposure ;)

Price is $5500 shipped to conus. I am not looking to trade at the moment. Please PM or email kevlar ONE TWO THREE at yahoo.com with questions. Horn is located near Battle Creek, MI. To avoid shipping I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Toobalicious on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
1928 Rusk cut 6/4 York Grand Rapids CC
Hirsbrunner HB-12 F
1960's King HN White Cleveland BBb sousaphone
1940's King 4v Eb sousaphone
2015 Wessex Mighty Gnome
Unbranded Eb snagged for $100 at a TubaChristmas
Toobalicious
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Gnagey 6/4 CC PRICE DROP

Post by Toobalicious »

New price and the horn is back in Michigan.
1928 Rusk cut 6/4 York Grand Rapids CC
Hirsbrunner HB-12 F
1960's King HN White Cleveland BBb sousaphone
1940's King 4v Eb sousaphone
2015 Wessex Mighty Gnome
Unbranded Eb snagged for $100 at a TubaChristmas
RiverRowanPhoenix
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Gnagey 6/4 CC PRICE DROP

Post by RiverRowanPhoenix »

Email sent!