SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

SOLD

Post by darth2ba »

Hello all,

For sale/trade is my Miraphone 1293. I am the only owner. I've had this tuba for a little over a year and it has served me well. It is in very good condition. This was the display 1293 at the Miraphone booth at the Midwest Clinic in 2016.

Cosmetically speaking there are one or two small pings. There are a couple of minor plating spots inside the bell that became noticeable after a professional cleaning. The 5th valve casing was accidentally vented on the incorrect side, and it was patched up. (The repairman, who's a very highly regarded individual in the tuba community, did an excellent job patching up the rotor casing and I've never had an issue with it.) To clarify, the 5th valve is currently *not* vented.

The intonation is quite good. For E & Eb in the staff, I use 1+2 (or 3rd) for E, and 2+3 for Eb. Above the staff, I also play E & Eb as 1+2 and 2+3. For A's, either 3rd valve or 1+2 (pulling 1st slide out) has worked for me.

This tuba can definitely project to the back of a concert hall. I've received several compliments on the sound of this tuba. The low register is excellent, and if you need some extra "bark" or "zing", you can get it with a low register shift.

Here are a few short videos of the tuba in action:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXUFtIZ9C2s" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R18_ABfbK0w" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4zI5rCHgBg" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Link to pics: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YYr-n ... 1qGcCZQ1u_" target="_blank" target="_blank

A new silver-plated 1293 costs $12,695 (price via Horn Guys website) no gig-bag included.

My price is $9500, and includes the following:

- Silver-plated 1293
- ‎Custom MAW Finger Buttons (Dragon Skin - Olive Green Color)
- ‎Delrin Precision Valve Alignment Kit by Matt Berkvam (Portland, OR)
- ‎Schlipf No. 10 Practice Mute
- ‎Miraphone gig-bag
- ‎Two lead-pipes: American receiver w/large bore and Euro receiver w/medium bore
- ‎Yamaha Euphonium Springs
- ‎Saturn water keys
- ‎Original water keys, valve springs & finger buttons
(Possibly a Baltimore Brass playing stand as well)

Why am I selling? I'm moving back to Oregon in August and will be focusing on teaching. I won't need this much "horsepower" for lessons and freelancing.

I am interested in trading for a Miraphone 186 or 188 (yellow or gold brass) + cash.

The tuba will be available after April 21st. I'll get it professionally cleaned prior to sale/trade.

Located in Bowling Green, Ohio. Prefer not to ship. However, I am willing to drive up to 5 hours to meet up with a potential buyer.

***Money Order or Cashier's Check only***

Serious inquiries please email me directly.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
Last edited by darth2ba on Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joe Ready
Principal Tuba: Portland Opera
Low Brass Instructor: Pacific University
Bhigbee
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT: Miraphone 1293

Post by Bhigbee »

Did you purchase this new when you got it?
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS/FT: Miraphone 1293

Post by darth2ba »

Bump for history update & for pics being uploaded.
Joe Ready
darth2ba
3 valves
3 valves

Re: SOLD

Post by darth2ba »

The 1293 has sold. Thank you to everyone who expressed interest.
Joe Ready