*SOLD* Wessex B220 Tuba Bag | $70 + USPS Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

*SOLD* Wessex B220 Tuba Bag | $70 + USPS

Postby the elephant » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 pm

*** The bag is sold.***

I have a Wessex B220 35" X 19" tuba bag purchased new in May of 2016, used about every other day for work (my F tuba is my main horn for work) but still in excellent condition.

Note that I have used it for a 37" horn (the B700 37" X 19" bag was not available at the time I bought this) so it was stretched out some and the padding around the bottom bow area is misshapen from that. I have more or less fixed it, but this padding has some memory and it will revert to how it was shaped if left empty for any length of time. I think that once a new tuba takes residence in the bag it will conform to it very quickly, though. Also, one short run of the trim piping by the bell on the backside is starting to wear some. These are the *only* issues with this bag.

The bag is clean* and well kept and still looks more or less new, save for the items outlines above. The opening "door" design is forgiving enough to allow a horn over-sized by two inches in length to fit fine. I would not use it for a tuba with a bell larger than 19" though as I think the rim would not be protected. So a max length of 37" is possible but exceeding the 19" bell size would not be good.

All zippers, straps, handles etc. are just fine. The nice Wessex logo on the smaller pocket still looks great (and is actually pretty attractive). The large storage pouch is oddly sized, which we talked about in the "Wessex Tubas - what would you like?" thread, and perhaps they are now large enough for a full-sized "hard" folder. Mine is not able to accept one of these standard sized "hard" folders with the metal corners and you will need to carry your folder separately. Sorry, not my idea, as you can see if you read the thread I mentioned above.

The smaller accessory pouch is actually larger than anything I have ever needed. It is actually pretty great, as is the other one so long as you can sort your folder situation. (Smaller folders that hold 8.5" X 11" parts are just fine. See photos below...

For the price I paid it has been a really nice bag. I just needed one that fits my horn better.

Please note that this is NOT the bag I have sworn up and down to set on fire! :twisted: That is another bag of a make I will not mention here. That bag is junk and the tuba has received damage while using it. I used it about half the time because my horn fits it better.

These currently sell for $135 and that was what I paid for this bag in 2016. The shipping was an additional $25 back then, so I paid $160 at that time.

$70 + actual shipping costs, via USPS with payment via PayPal. Your money has to get through PayPal and CLEAR MY BANK before I ship the bag. This takes about four days for some reason.

(Note that the actual shipping costs are probably going to be about $20, but I do not really know. If you want the bag we can work something out. I can get a quote. To save costs I would probably fold this in half and box it really tightly. The weight is not much, but the size is a problem, as when shipping all gig bags for a tuba.)

PM me if interested.

Last edited by the elephant on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click here for a look at the best 6/4 now on the market...
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Re: Wessex B220 Tuba Bag | $70 + USPS

Postby the elephant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks for all the PMs. The bag is sold. I will send PMs to the people who were in the queue as a courtesy. Cheers!
Click here for a look at the best 6/4 now on the market...
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to For Sale by Owner