FS: RUDY CC $5000

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
EricTuba37
lurker
lurker

FS: RUDY CC $5000

Post by EricTuba37 »

I am selling my 3/4 Rudy CC tuba (Rudolf Meinl) (size is more similar to a regular 4/4).

It is a wonderful instrument and has done an excellent job getting me through high school and starting into college. But now it is time to sell this beauty.

The price is $5000 (BUMPED), comes with horn, custom practice mute, and soft case. Horn is located in the Dallas Fort Worth Area (Plano TX), would be easiest to toot around on if close.

Please spread the word.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/23mo1j84c4g4 ... dRwYa?dl=0" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by EricTuba37 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: RUDY CC $6500

Post by adelarosa »

Wow, what a beautiful Rudy! I love the raw brass...
I'm a strong advocate for how BIG these "little" horns play. I did my undergrad and master's on much larger instruments, but honestly, these 3/4 Rudys are just fantastic and definitely keepers. While I can't speak for your professor - I'm sure he has his own preferences - I do take one of my teachers advice and remind myself constantly: "Play the smallest instrument you can get away with."

These horns play smaller and lighter than most F tubas I've played and larger (and with more control) than a large number of 5/4 + tubas. Change around your cup and mouthpiece choices... these 3/4 RM tubas hit the sweet spots for most, if not all, regularly-encountered (read: 96%) tuba solo and ensemble repertoire.

Looks like a fantastic tuba - my very best with your sale!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

The kranz is cool, too. :)
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

Post by adelarosa »

bort wrote:The kranz is cool, too. :)