SOLD!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

SOLD!

Post by TubaMerle98 »

Hello all

I am putting my Miraphone for sale after talking with some friends.
Horn is in good condition, laquer is 98% with a few scratches and dings here and there. There has been some work on this horn, 2 dents removed on the back side of the bottom bow as well as some bell work. There is one dent that was my doing on the bottom bow now which as not been removed since I have not had the funds available and I did not notice any change to the playability of the horn. The biggest tuning deficiencies I have noticed is D and Eb in the staff, needing me to push in first for the D and use 2nd instead of 23 for the Eb, other than that there are normal quirks but nothing I had a tough time getting used to.
The 20" bell allows for some very nice, dark notes and have been complimented on many occasions on the presence of sound when playing this horn.
I believe this horn is great for a high schooler or University Student wanting to switch to CC as it is easy to play and has all the hardware necessary to play anywhere. Works great with PT50 and the like as well as the Giddings Bayamo

Horn is located in Bellingham, WA but am able to bring it down to Seattle area if need be.

Looking to get about $6,600, comes with Protec Gig Bag and MTS hard case.

Horns I am interested in trade offers for include the MW 2155/2000, Miraphone 1293 and maybe even an old PT6/3198. Neptune's have recently caught my eye as well. I realize those horns are probably worth a little more than mine so we would have to work out a deal. Basically I want a 5 or 6/4 -5 Valve CC tuba to replace this one as it is not a good match for me as a player and I am going a different direction with my playing.

-This horn is currently on hold for a potential exchange in early June.

If you have any questions feel free to message me on here,
alternatively- email: nickmrl360@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
and phone number: 425-463-9090
-work great.

Scratch on bell from when it was stepped on during a community band concert, was repaired but scratch remains

Large dent on bottom bow, I haven't noticed any effect on the playability of this horn

Large Protec Gig Bag, with back pack straps and 2 large pockets as well as pocket inside for mouthpiece. Included (except for the camera case ;) )

MTS Case that is included

If you need any other pictures or more in depth, don't hesitate to message me!
Last edited by TubaMerle98 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT: Miraphone 1295 CC 5/4 5 Valve $6,600

Post by TubaMerle98 »

Bump for pictures!
TubaRicky
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaRicky »

Wow. That's pretty much my dream tuba. Tubad I'm 4,000 shy of owning one :(
B&S Pt-4p
TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaMerle98 »

I was in the same position 2 years ago, work hard and save everything you can and someday soon you will get a dream horn for your own :). Happy tooting! I wish you luck. :tuba:
NCTubaKid
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT: Miraphone 1295 CC 5/4 5 Valve $6,600 Now With Pic

Post by NCTubaKid »

In love with these horns!
NCTubaKid
lurker
lurker

Post by NCTubaKid »

Hey! I’m VERY interested in this horn! Would you be willing to ship it to Fort Worth, Texas? And is so, how much would it cost?
TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaMerle98 »

Hey! I would have to do some research on the costs as well as the process of shipping a horn for sale, but I am not closed off to the idea... I will be in contact
TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

Re: On Hold: Miraphone 1295 CC 5/4 5 Valve $6,600 Now With P

Post by TubaMerle98 »

Tuba is currently on hold until early June