Eb Besson Imperial for sale (now w/pics) - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Huskertuba
lurker
lurker

Eb Besson Imperial for sale (now w/pics) - SOLD

Post by Huskertuba »

I have changed professions and am now in the ministry. I am looking for a home for my tuba. Below are details about the instrument:

• Besson Imperial EEb Tuba, model 215, serial number #565232
• 3 + 1 compensating
• Replated valves by Anderson Silver Plating Co. (2004?)
• Altieri bag designed for this horn

This is the type of horn on which English tubist John Fletcher played and made modifications that are now the basis for the Besson Sovereign 981. I have duplicated the following modifications he made to his horn:
• 981 lead pipe with American shank receiver
• The “fletcher cut” made to adjust pitch (essentially making it a 981 with a smaller bell)

The metal nob and bottom bow reinforcement are removed but I believe I still have them. Also, I’ve worked on a patena instead of refinishing. I really enjoyed playing this horn. It speaks freely in all ranges. The intonation is good. My asking price is $3500. I am located in Central Nebraska.

I have some gold-plated mouthpieces I would consider selling to whoever buys the tuba: a Denis Wick 4L, a Miraphone Rose model, and a Miraphone C4.

Last edited by Huskertuba on Mon May 14, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antontuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Eb Besson Imperial for sale (now w/pics)

Post by Antontuba »

17” or 19” bell?