SOLD Wessex Eb "Bombino" Tuba for sale - $1,500 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
dao001
lurker
lurker

SOLD Wessex Eb "Bombino" Tuba for sale - $1,500 OBO

Post by dao001 »

Selling my Wessex Eb 4-valve Compensated 'Bombino' tuba. Bought this horn as my solo tuba, and it did great work for me the past three years. Now that I don't do much soloing, I'm no longer in need of it.

Bought the horn for $2,275 new so I'm asking $1,500 plus you pay any shipping from Grand Rapids, MI.

I actually love the clarity of sound on this horn and am only selling it due to lack of need for it. I compare the beautiful quality to an F tuba, frankly. Would be a nice budget option for any college level musicians, hobbyists, or professionals looking for a cheaper solo horn.

The tuba has been in storage for six months and so will need routine maintenance (cleaning, oiling, valves and slides pulled). Minor dings and scratches from travel and use. The case is a hard/soft combo and one of the handles is torn. Includes gig bag as well.

If there's interest, I can dig it out of storage and take pictures. It is silver with some lacquered trimming (valves, some slides, etc.) Thanks! Picture is the stock from the website.

Contact me at olmsteaddouglas@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dao001 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan Bohnhorst
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Wessex Eb "Bombino" Tuba for sale - $1,500 OBO

Post by Brendan Bohnhorst »

I actually helped Doug pick this tuba out, so I’ll through my $0.02 on here. If my memory is correct we played 4 or 5 other instruments that day some in F and some in Eb. This tuba had a very sweet sound and he seemed to play it better than anything else in the room. Personally, I’ve never favored an Eb tuba because I found the sound to be very bland and uninteresting. This tuba was an exception to that experience and I encouraged him to buy it. It will make a nice bass tuba for someone and should work great for solo rep or brass quintet work.
dao001
lurker
lurker

Re: Wessex Eb "Bombino" Tuba for sale - $1,500 OBO

Post by dao001 »

Tuba has sold. Thanks all!