F.S. BBb Holton Mammoth 6/4 - On hold Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

F.S. BBb Holton Mammoth 6/4 - On hold

Postby lost » Tue May 01, 2018 7:09 pm

This is not a York 6/4. It doesn't have the same dimensions as a York. It doesn't even have the same wrap as a York this size. It's a bigger horn and a Holton made in Chicago in 1911 and has been extraordinarily brought back to life and restored by Martin Wilk. No dents or dings. Silver is maybe half.

New leadpipe, new tuning slide and loads of sound. Designed to be played with a bit. 22 inch bell, key of BBb.

Why am I selling a beauty? I got a later 4 valve version recently so no point having 2, even if this is one heck of a tuba that I will surely miss.

Located in Boston but willing to drive to around Indiana or so for the right buyer. Might entertain a trade too and cash, but only for something really old and cool. It's had great hands work on it. A collector or player's piece for sure.

Have a great day.
lost

Re: F.S. Holton Mammoth 6/4

Postby roughrider » Tue May 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Good Luck with the sale! Please post pictures of your new 4 valve Holton!
roughrider
3 valves
3 valves

Postby bort » Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm sorry, but that photo looks like a tuba just crushed a man to death. :shock:

Otherwise, cool tuba!
B&S 4198 (PT-7P)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby lost » Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm

bort wrote:I'm sorry, but that photo looks like a tuba just crushed a man to death. :shock:

Otherwise, cool tuba!

Like.

My friend is about 5'11 too...he survived!
lost

Postby lost » Sat May 26, 2018 7:50 am

Bump...new price...will accept trade offers only.
lost

Return to For Sale by Owner