Willson 4piston 3400 Eb front-action valveset w/slides +Conn Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Willson 4piston 3400 Eb front-action valveset w/slides +Conn

Postby bloke » Mon May 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Here's a never-installed-on-anything Willson 3400 valveset and an OPTIONAL (probably nearly 100 years old in good shape) Conn Eb body.
This is NOT the "Monster" Conn body that most have seen from the 1930's, but (having blown though this bugle before disassembly) more in-tune than those.

I'll need $1500 for the valveset. It's missing one offset from the #4 circuit. You can either buy that from Getzen/Kurath, or I can find something here that is close to put with it.

Optional (if you would like to have a nearly-complete project to tackle) is the Conn body...only another $400 will take the Conn body as well, but the Conn body is NOT available separately.
[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/9J1VW68.jpg?1
[/img]https://i.imgur.com/4UF6JMy.jpg?1[/img]
THIS SHOULD DO THE TRICK FOR THE MISSING PART. IT'S ABOUT 1/2MM OVERSIZE, BORE-WISE:
MORE DETAILS:
The bore sizes are 18mm (.708") 1-2-3 and 19mm (.748") #4.

The only valve circuit which is braced is #3 and it is braced to itself (upper and lower) as well as to #2.

All of the valves work.

This has NEVER been installed on an instrument, and is all new.

Could it be shortened to F lengths? Of course, it could...by the buyer, or by their local associate.

The pistons are stainless steel. I see no nickel silver parts anywhere on this...all un-lacquered yellow brass.

If the buyer desires genuine Willson braces, The Getzen Company can supply them. If "something that works and looks fine" will suffice, I would probably suggest that the buyer make contact with Jupiter (KHS Music) in Nashville or Conn-Selmer in Eastlake, Ohio.

The little missing angled crook is .748" bore. It might just be best to send a picture to Dave Surber at The Getzen Company, and get the genuine part from Switzerland.

$1500, as pictured.
========================================
OPTIONAL PRETTY-DARN-IN-TUNE CONN Eb BODY (LARGE)
NOTE: THE SMALLEST LOWER BOW WOULD PROBABLY BECOME THE TUNING SLIDE BOW, AS THE ORIGINAL MOUTHPIPE FEATURED A TUNING SLIDE BETWEEN THE MOUTHPIPE AND THE VALVESET.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Willson 4piston 3400 Eb front-action valveset w/slides +

Postby bloke » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:48 pm

bump
bloke

Re: Willson 4piston 3400 Eb front-action valveset w/slides +

Postby GC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 am

Bloke,

A appreciate the time and thought you have put into this post, but I already have an opportunity to do a part new, part old rebuild from the person I got my current horn from. Still, your ideas really look good. Honestly, though, I'm hoping for a new build, something good, finished, and under warranty.

Even so, thanks for the time and the heads-up.
1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb; Denis Wick 3CC, 2CC; Bach 42B trombone; Ibanez SR-506 6-string bass, MarkBass 102P combo bass amp
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner