$5k-Alexander F tuba 4+1 +wiseman hardcase

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

$5k-Alexander F tuba 4+1 +wiseman hardcase

Post by EMC »

Hello Tubenet after finally getting my account password reset I'm back, sorry if you were trying to get a hold of but now that my performing season is more or less over I need to put my bass tuba back on the market. I've been told the vintage of this horn circa 1930s to 1950s, but with old Alexanders made before the 70s it's quite difficult to be sure. The valve set up is 4+1 with the fifth valve having the ability to be set up either as the now typical flat whole step or the 2+3 which is what I prefer, you simply have to remove or add some tubing on the fifth slide, no major surgery needed, i will ship the horn in either configuration you choose you but you will get both slides regardless, The four original valves are clockwork spring valves that I have rubber bands on to speed them up the and the fifth which I added is a modern linkage valve, the second valve spring is weak but ive used it this way and have never had problems, the leadpipe was also replaced sometime ago and the new leadpipe has greatly improved the low register response openess and tone that German rotary F tubas are notorious for having down there but now the lower register is quite good and rivals some of the new F tubas in tone quality, you can really push some air and punch out pedals and with a more controlled air stream it can provide a very dark and dense tone quality, not as broad a sound you could get from a verh large F tuba like say a 2250 but it's still very impressive, and definitely better than the other two Alexander Fs I've played. The mid and high registers are very typical of an Alex, the mid register is very pleasing to the ears warm and smooth and the higher register up to the G, A, Bb are very lively in color and pretty accessible, meaning that they aren't hard to play if you've got the chops by any means. Once you've got your slides in the proper place and you've spend some time with it the intonation isnt anything to worry about and the slots are very flexible, you can bend the pitch almost two whole steps of you really try, so it's all a matter of just learning how you're mouthpiece and chops fit with it. I'm asking $5000 now to help fund another purchase of something a bit bigger, as ive recently been asked by my conductor to try and find a larger F tuba, Also comes with the old Bruno Tilz mouthpiece I recieved with the horn when i first bought it, a wiseman hardcase and also a Dubro Kit that I believe has everything needed to convert the valve system, I didnt have the know how to do it myself but someone with the right tool set should be able to fairly easily. Pm me for more info or pictures, greyhound shipping is best for me, thanks!
Last edited by EMC on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Alexander F tuba 4+1 with extras, With wiseman hardcase

Post by EMC »

/
Last edited by EMC on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Bump!
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Bump price drop
Last edited by EMC on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Pricedrop-Alexander F tuba 4+1 with extras, wiseman case

Post by EMC »

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 9888821512" target="_blank more pictures here if interested
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Pricedrop to $5000-Alexander F tuba 4+1- extras wiseman

Post by EMC »

Last edited by EMC on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: $5000-Alexander F tuba 4+1- extras wiseman case

Post by EMC »

:tuba:
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: $5000-Alexander F tuba 4+1- extras wiseman case

Post by EMC »

Did a couple videos the other night for another one who wanted to hear the horn so I figured I could throw them up here too. As Always thanks for your time :tuba:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1048KH ... FD9mOktiyJ" target="_blank

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eqOWb ... A6RJI3ZNHR" target="_blank

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W1C9u ... BhBPVIw4Dc" target="_blank

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u_j8q ... Av79vTh-UG" target="_blank

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kAAgl ... G8z8vp_uHA" target="_blank
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: $5000-Alexander F tuba 4+1 +wiseman hardcase

Post by EMC »

Bump!
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: $4800-Alexander F tuba 4+1 +wiseman hardcase

Post by EMC »

Bump for another price drop (4800)
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Buuuump
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Bump
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Re: $5k-Alexander F tuba 4+1 +wiseman hardcase

Post by EMC »

Brrump
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

I have mentioned this on other areas i have posted this tuba for sale, but I am also open to video chatting so that I can play for the horn for you in case you are interested i hearing the horn in real time, and im happy to answer questions during then as well.
Tonelier
lurker
lurker

Post by Tonelier »

I'm drooling right now. I sold my old Alex 164 because it was too big for me and have looking for one of these in this price range. But I'm a little tight on money at the moment due to a new baby. I hope you don't sell this in the next three months ;D
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Tonelier wrote:I'm drooling right now. I sold my old Alex 164 because it was too big for me and have looking for one of these in this price range. But I'm a little tight on money at the moment due to a new baby. I hope you don't sell this in the next three months ;D
appreciate the kind words thank you and congrats on the baby :D
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Bump :tuba:
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »