Meine Weston 33 CC sold pending funds

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Meine Weston 33 CC sold pending funds

Post by tubadoctor »

Good Morning all!
I'm reposting the Meinl 33 CC that was recently up for sale. TJ traded it to me a few weeks ago. It had quite a few small leaks and a few other issues. I've gotten it back together and gave the horn an ultrasonic cleaning. I understand why he had a low price before. There was quite a bit of airiness and lack response before with all the leaks. This horn plays much, much nicer now!! I'd flip flopped for weeks on making it my main all-around horn, but I switched to BBb and Eb a few years ago, and just don't have the time to devote to maintaining CC gig-ready fingerings on top of those two. That, plus my recent decision to pick up an upgraded quintet horn has led me to resist this horn.

Price will now be $3500. If you'd like to make an offer please do so. I doubt you'll find more horn for that price without looking at clones/Chinese made horns. I'm sure they play great, but I also know that if you are looking for a name brand 4/4 five valve CC you'll want to check out this one... I'm located about an hour north of NYC. If you'd like to meet up to play we can work that out. I'd rather not ship her all over the country for trials, but I do have boxes and a greyhound station close by I could use to to ship. Horn will come with an Altieri Gig bag that came along... It's a bit too big and doesn't have the top bell cover, but it still checks the box of moving it easily on your back... I may have a hard case that fits somewhere in my storage unit, so if that is of interest or tips the scales in favor of driving here let me know.

I'll post the link to the original photos. If those go down I'll set up a photo page on my own soon. Thanks!

Shane
Last edited by tubadoctor on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Re: Meine Weston 32 CC

Post by tubadoctor »

removed link to old photos
Last edited by tubadoctor on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fergie
bugler
bugler

Post by Fergie »

I've seen this horn before. Are you sure it's not a MW33? If I remember, those are the detachable bell models. Someone confirm?
Dvorak probably wrote the the fourteen notes in New World Symphony to get his tuba friends a gig.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Fergie wrote:I've seen this horn before. Are you sure it's not a MW33? If I remember, those are the detachable bell models. Someone confirm?
30 = 4 valves, fixed bell
31 = 4 valves, detachable bell
32 = 5 valves, fixed bell
33 = 5 valves, detachable bell

The "Bill Bell" model is:
35 = 4 valves
37 = 5 valves

I'm not sure if they started a new model number for the fixed/detachable varieties of the Bill Bell model...

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the detachable bell on these is primarily for easier transportation; they didn't make recording bells for these... right?

Either way, this is a nice looking, solid tuba. If it's in good mechanical shape with no leaks, it should be a really great player.
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Re: Meine Weston 33 CC

Post by tubadoctor »

bump
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Post by tubadoctor »

link to more current photos. please send a PM if you'd like more. Thanks!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/n5z2U9J" target="_blank
Northernlb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Northernlb »

Nice looking tuba at a great price.
:tuba:
Fergie
bugler
bugler

Post by Fergie »

If I hadn’t bought MW30 this year, I’d consider.
Dvorak probably wrote the the fourteen notes in New World Symphony to get his tuba friends a gig.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Fergie wrote:If I hadn’t bought MW30 this year, I’d consider.
That's cool... those are pretty rare, too!