(we got no) new Conn 1 mpc, from James R. New

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

(we got no) new Conn 1 mpc, from James R. New

Post by Donn »

As announced a couple days ago in the bulk of the musical talk, I have a few James R. New "C-1" mouthpieces, a copy of the Conn 1. I had acquired the original mouthpiece and fell in love with it, and I got this going in order to help make this unique experience available to the wider world of tuba players. Borrowing this one image of the new (and old) mouthpieces from that thread, you can see a couple more new mouthpieces underneath, packaged and wrapped. I have four in that brand new condition, unsullied by hands other than James R. New's.

I had four extra, all claimed now though.

I have not tried to get any specific commitment from Mr. New, but my understanding is that you should be able to get this mouthpiece from him as well, at a reasonable retail price. I heard $190 + postage, but that was an initial estimate, you'd have to talk to him. I think that's a decent price for a very small production mouthpiece like this. I'm not going to have any more after these four are gone, of course, this was just sort of priming the pump as it were to help defray the initial expense. He was the mouthpiece guy at Kanstul, if anyone remembers when they were doing that. http://www.james-r-new.com

To summarize from the other thread - it's a deep mouthpiece with a rounded rim and a roughly conical interior profile. The sound is ... more. Ever hear the phrase "less is more"? You're a tuba player, you tell me - does that make sense? Here we see the truth: more is more. It is not really flagrantly different, though - the interior volume is only slightly greater than a Helleberg 120S for example, and while I'm sure you will notice a difference, it might not be apparent to others who don't have sharp ears for such things.

It is of course brass, silver plated.
Last edited by Donn on Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: brand new Conn 1 mpc, from James R. New

Post by bort »

Quite literally, a "NEW" mouthpiece. Very cool. :)
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: (none left!) new Conn 1 mpc, from James R. New

Post by Donn »

Every dang one of those 4 extra is gone. If anyone got left behind, here, I encourage you to go to James R. New and offer to shell out for the retail price.
http://www.james-r-new.com/