1924 Conn 46-K Grand Jumbo Sousaphone - **TRADED**

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

1924 Conn 46-K Grand Jumbo Sousaphone - **TRADED**

Post by Gongadin »

I need to finance an upcoming horn purchase, so I've decided to sell my 1924 Conn 46-K Grand Jumbo sousaphone. Beautiful engraving on the bell, entire instrument gold plated (majority of it intact - some missing around the joint between bell flare and bell throat).
Pistons are brand new, and there is one tuning slide that is a Conn replacement. Will come with original neck but no bits. The original neck was a bit loose in the receiver, so I used my 20K neck with this. I can't include the 20K neck as I need it for my 20K! :) One dent - which is on the bottom bow. Does not affect play.
I haven't taken any pictures of the horn recently, but here's an old TubeNet thread that features a picture of me playing the horn.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73235
I will take some pictures to add to this post after this weekend.
I'd prefer not to ship this horn, but I will drive a fair distance to meet a buyer on the Canadian side of the border - either at Niagara Falls, or in Windsor, or in Quebec - wherever is easiest for the buyer.
Looking for $3200 USD.
**TRADED TO A TUBENETTER FOR THE HORN I WAS TRYING TO FINANCE**