FS - Meinl Weston 2145

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
darthminimall
lurker
lurker

FS - Meinl Weston 2145

Post by darthminimall »

I'm selling my Meinl Weston 2145 in order to pay some bills. It's in pretty good condition, only very minor dents and a few spots of lacquer wear. The piston valves were vented by Matt at Dillon's. It's a great horn, I'd love to keep it, but paying rent is more important. The horn is located in Lower Gwynedd, PA (just north of Philadelphia), and I'm not looking to ship the horn. Here's a google drive folder with photos of the horn:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AwpiE ... vMiZ1TAzUP

Asking price is $6000, but I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers. I'm also willing to sell the gig bag (Soundwear TH48-96) with the horn.

Before the inevitable comments about the third valve being partially depressed, the horn hasn't been played since I moved to Colorado about 8 months ago. I had my mother take the photos, and she didn't notice. I'm going to have her clean and re-oil the valve section.
Meinl Weston 2145 [FOR SALE]
Salvation Army 4 Valve Compensating Eb Tuba (probably made by Boosey and Hawkes c. 1950)
darthminimall
lurker
lurker

Re: FS - Meinl Weston 2145

Post by darthminimall »

I'm very interested in paying my rent next month, so if you're interested in this horn at all, or know someone who might be, shoot me an offer.

Also, obligatory bump for visibility.
Meinl Weston 2145 [FOR SALE]
Salvation Army 4 Valve Compensating Eb Tuba (probably made by Boosey and Hawkes c. 1950)