Looking to short sell my RUDY***

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Looking to short sell my RUDY***

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

Great DEAL!!
RUDOLF MEINL Bb-Euphonium 3+1.
ASKING 11,000USD
Im located in Southern Orange County, Cali. 92629
Interested buyers should contact me on this board, messege me through tubenet, or call (949) 8424641.
If you live close you are more than welcome to come see it, or I can bring it to you! :tuba: =)
Cheers,
Mikey Gee
Jerryleejr
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Looking to short sell my RUDY***

Post by Jerryleejr »

I’d like pictures...

JJ
Kanstul 991 Custom
Always room for more....
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I don't know what the seller is selling... but here is a link for a brochure with information about Rudy Meinl baritones.

http://www.rudolf-meinl.de/fileadmin/_m ... ariton.pdf
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

Pictures can be sent via email because I don't know how to resize the file on the ones I currently have.
Or you can call (949) 2900249 and I will send you pictures via text. I've gone down to 7500$ as well.
BEST,
Mike G
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

Hey Mike,
Do you mean "Short Sell"? It sounds pretty iffy...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_(finance" target="_blank)
Peach
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

I think there is a misuse or misunderstanding of what a "short sell" is as it pertains to this add. Selling short as it pertains to stocks is when a seller sells shares not owned in the hope of buying them back at a lower price hoping the stock takes a dive then pocketing the difference. The owner of said shares is unaware of the behind the scene antics.

There is a "short sale" that pertains to realestate but again i don't think that pertains here as well. This is my guess, the seller thinks they have something worth a lot more than the offered price being asked. The only real issue i see is there is an extremely high offering price for a horn that has very little demand. Market says when the demand is low the price or value goes down. How much would someone pay for a better known used Alex? 3 to 5k? or a miraphone? 2 or 3k? JMHO but i could be wrong as i am wrong on many things.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

Last edited by tofu on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Mark Finley wrote:That's interesting that they don't list a 5 valve version. You would think for that kind of money you could get a fully chromatic instrument
I'm betting it's compensating, with a 1st valve trigger. As seen at Palácio da Tuba.
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

“$50 NRD to meet if you wish to play.....” :shock:
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Mark Finley wrote:
Donn wrote:I'm betting it's compensating, with a 1st valve trigger. As seen at Palácio da Tuba.
A compensating rotary? I'd like to see that

Besides, Rudy doesnt list any compensating horns in their brochure
I checked the link, still works, so you can see it any time you're connected with a web browser that shows pictures. I suppose there's no proof that this instrument actually came from the Rudolf Meinl factory.

I was fooled by the 3+1 story - who would do that with rotary valves? Well, there you go, anything's possible.

My interpretation of "short sell" is "English is not my first language, and I want to sell this thing quickly, in a short length of time."
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Either way, a neat horn for the right player.
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

the elephant wrote:....

This ad could be from an inexperienced seller with a grossly inflated idea of the value of this used horn who then dropped the price to where it was more reasonable after speaking to someone who knows more about it than him. It is possible. But I think it more likely that this horn might have a bit of a fever.

Caveat emptor.
I believe you are correct about the "inexperienced seller with a grossly inflated idea of the value" part.

PS: Phone number in ad brings up Lawyer in California, maybe he can provide legal advice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Licensee/Detail/152923" target="_blank
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

A wheeler-dealer type player who would have any experience with or interest in selling horns, wouldn't ever have something like this to start with, is my guess. My interpretation of "short sell" is "English is not my first language, and I want to sell this quickly, in a short length of time." The language issue doesn't seem to add up with law practice, though - I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers in the US in that category, but you'd think they'd have figured how to get at least written communications into normal grammatical English. If there's a lawyer at that number, there must be someone else too. Pretty sharp photography, though. What does "NRD" mean?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Non refundable deposit.

Weird ad. Cool horn. Lots of to-do by folks (including me) who are not at all interested in even considering buying it. :)
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

The ad says he is the owner but doesn't play. I sont care about the condition or the brand, his price and his price on a new one for 18k? He is either been misled or is totaly ignorant, i say the latter. Thinking of the limited use here, he has a 2500 dollar horn and this is only because there is a Rudy imprint on the bell. Doesnt mean Rudy made it, but when you can get a large oval from Jinbao that playes really really well for 800 bucks, this will be a hard sell no matter how you slice it. I have asked Jinbao and will hit them up again to see if they can make this horn with a straight up bell.
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
Maasterkrafk88
lurker
lurker

Post by Maasterkrafk88 »

Everything is completely fine with the horn I use talk to text so there might be some Lost in Translation the horn is completely fine it's been tested and inspected and everything I just don't play myself and I do not want it anymore it's not making me any money just sitting here if anybody would like to see it please call 949-290-0249 thank you