NO LONGER FOR SALE: Eastman 632S CC 5V 4/4 Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

NO LONGER FOR SALE: Eastman 632S CC 5V 4/4 Tuba

Post by Ltrain »

I don't know if the word feeler is used often around here (I got the term from another forum that I used to frequent) but I'm "feeling out the market" to potentially sell. I'll post some good pics here when I have time next week but in the meantime, you can see this horn prominently on my Instagram (@theryanhallway).

I really do love this horn and I could easily bond with it for life... but I'm considering reverting back to BBb 100%. It's a decision that I'm not taking lightly. If you want a quick sale, there's another great 632 currently for sale in this forum, so buy his ;)

Mine's got the broad tone, full range, fantastic ergonomics, and point-and-shoot intonation that you can expect from this model. What makes mine special is Matt Walters personally set it up and hand-honed the valves. This horn has the smoothest, quietest (stock) valves I've ever played. They just fly. It's in great overall condition with minor finish wear on the usual spots (top of the first valve slide and right-forearm landing zone... which I mitigated with a pleather guard). There are 3-4 small dings (no dents) in the usual places that I plan on getting removed during its next regular maintenance visit.

If I were to sell, I'd be looking to get about $5500 with black Cronkhite gig bag included. I'd consider selling for less without including the bag (it's an original Cronkhite and hard to come by and will fit my replacement tuba).

If I were to trade, currently I am only interested in the following models at this time: Kanstul 33-S, Eastman 534, modern King 2341 (obviously, +/- cash depending on the situation).

I'm in NYC if you want to play her. DM me here with questions... I'll get the message 8)

6/11/18 update: horn is no longer for sale... at least until I find a worthy BBb to replace it.
Last edited by Ltrain on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS Feeler: Eastman 632S CC 5V 4/4 Tuba

Post by fenne1ca »

I’m leaning towards selling my Piggy in favor of a different CC, and the 632 is a horn I’d strongly consider putting that cash towards. Your horn would have my interest for sure.
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon