MAW valves FS SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

MAW valves FS SOLD

Post by jtuba »

Used set of MAW valves, used about 2+ years in a MW 2250. I switched them out because I feel the 2250 already is plenty free blowing. $950 located in Hopewell, VA.

Last edited by jtuba on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: MAW valves FS

Post by jtuba »

bump
Eastman Artist

jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

Bump
Eastman Artist

jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

bump
Eastman Artist

TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaMerle98 »

How could I find out if these will fit a VMI Neptune? I know they are pretty universal and B&S and Meinl use the same valve blocks for a lot of things, I am just curious if there is a fool proof method?
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

bloke wrote:
TubaMerle98 wrote:How could I find out if these will fit a VMI Neptune? I know they are pretty universal and B&S and Meinl use the same valve blocks for a lot of things, I am just curious if there is a fool proof method?
A couple of careful measurements with $15 Chinese calipers should tell the story...OR ($7.50 one-way or $15 round-trip) Priority Mail postage (pay - receive - try - keep-or-return-for-refund) should accomplish the same thing.

Not attempting to be a wise-guy, I would point out that this is less than the cost of two tickets to see a bad movie. :D
I did just the "pay-receive-try...." for another member of the forum and am willing to do so again. Thanks.
Eastman Artist

TubaMerle98
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaMerle98 »

Would the inside diameter of the valve casing be sufficient? Or should I look at different dimensions too?
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

bump
Eastman Artist

The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

TubaMerle98 wrote:Would the inside diameter of the valve casing be sufficient? Or should I look at different dimensions too?
Properly fitting valves need to be within +/- .0001" top to bottom so you will need to ake that into allowance. Would seem that the pistons and cylinders need to be at the same place at the same time with qualified personnel to evaluate the fit and, if necessary, to adjust the fit.