FS: Hirsbrunner HB 2P - $8,500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
NerdyTubaGuy
lurker
lurker

FS: Hirsbrunner HB 2P - $8,500

Post by NerdyTubaGuy »

For sale is my HB 2P! I got this in 2014 when I traded my PT6 for it. I used it through college and various ensembles. It has been played and was well liked by my professor at the University of Georgia, David Zerkel. I am settling into a teaching job and can't justify keeping a horn as nice as this one. It deserves to be played professionally. I would love to trade for a cheaper horn plus cash, or sell out right. Price includes a nice MTS case with a section of the foam cut out to accommodate the fourth valve tubing.

Serial number (091283) dates the horn to 27 years old. It's in good shape for its age. There is no thumb hook. Plating wear can be seen in pictures as well as a dent in the bottom bow and a crease in the bell. All of the wear was there when I got it. The horn plays extremely well with a huge, beautiful sound and the intonation tendencies are common for the model. Valves and slides all move smoothly.

Buyer pays shipping. Horn is located in Athens, GA. I am willing to drive most locations in the Southeast to meet up. I'm open to offers, but serious inquiries only.

Open to trades for cheaper CC Tubas plus cash.

I can't figure out how to post pictures here. I would be happy to email as many as you need! PM me or send me an email: nerdytubaguy@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Hirsbrunner HB 2P - $8,500

Post by thevillagetuba »

Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
jimgray
bugler
bugler

Post by jimgray »

I used to own this horn and have found myself missing it.
Made a lot of things easy.

Have considered buying another one, and may well consider this one again.
Looks like hell, but what a gorgeous sound, turned a bunch of heads in many different types of situations.
If you want to hear it, I used it on my last "Naftule's Dream" recording which is called "Blood".

Happy to provide more details to anyone interested.
Jim
NerdyTubaGuy
lurker
lurker

Post by NerdyTubaGuy »

Sold! Thanks!