FS: Gronitz PCK Silver $12k Cronkhite Bag

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
DanClouse
bugler
bugler

FS: Gronitz PCK Silver $12k Cronkhite Bag

Post by DanClouse »

Greetings all,

FS: Gronitz PCK, ~2007 Silver with Cronkhite bag

Purchased from Horn Guys in 2007, this has been my main axe for a decade. It’s an incredible BAT: easy to steer, clear tone, really solid pitch, open low register, and the best valves of any horn I’ve ever played.

As I understand it, this is a pre-MW version, and is surprisingly light. There are NO dents, just some scuffs from a decade of use. This got me through my DMA, and I’ve taken care/babied this horn.

I had installed a factory-replacement lead pipe, which Gronitz refers to as a “York” pipe. It changes the geometry of the instrument so people of normal stature can drive it. I think it improves the response as well, but that’s just my opinion. At any rate, there is a scar from the old lead pipe, but it’s cosmetic.

Includes a custom Cronkhite bag in black cordura.

I don’t play this horn (it’s big!) anymore, and I’m about to remodel my kitchen, so this horn is on the market. I’ll probably miss it. Willing to negotiate on price and payment to get it to a good home, but I don’t need to sell. Act accordingly.

Pictures are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wc7qtsv053tt ... tu7Ua?dl=0" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by DanClouse on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carry on my wayward son, there is peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest, but not before you've learned your scales.
DanClouse
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Gronitz PCK Silver $12k Cronkhite Bag

Post by DanClouse »

Bump, updated photo link.

Still not in a hurry to sell, but I've had a couple serious buyers not come through.
Carry on my wayward son, there is peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest, but not before you've learned your scales.